Movie night

By nah - 11/06/2021 11:01

Today, my boyfriend finally convinced me to watch Harry Potter for the first time. I was bored out of my mind the entire time, and by about an hour in, all I could think about was how badly I wanted to punch Hermione for being a rude little know it all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 659
You deserved it 1 705

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fun fact: In both movies and books, Hermione's smarts come in handy many times.

This. It's totally cool not to be into something your SO is (I love zombies, like love love zombie media, my GF definitely does NOT), but if your first reaction to an 11 year old being... well, 11... is to want to clock them, I'd be a little worried.

Comments

Warp1978 15

We all feel that way it's just something that you have to adjust to

Fun fact: In both movies and books, Hermione's smarts come in handy many times.

The films are ment to target an older audience as they progress. Don't worry though it picks up after about film 7.

Problem is, I wouldn't want to sit through 7 movies waiting for it to "get good".

Are you okay OP that you want to punch an 11 year old?

literally what I was gonna say... she's 11 chill

Was pretty much my reaction to both the books and the movies.

randybryant799 20

I don't even have words. If I were your boyfriend I think that your attitude would be a huge red flag.

This. It's totally cool not to be into something your SO is (I love zombies, like love love zombie media, my GF definitely does NOT), but if your first reaction to an 11 year old being... well, 11... is to want to clock them, I'd be a little worried.

It's just a feeling, not like she's going around decking kids. Some children are annoying. I think if you can control your behavior, you don't have to control your thoughts and feelings.

Of course, but if ALL you can think about while watching HP is that you want to punch a kid (sure maybe OP is being hyperbolic) that's a little scary...

you're taking things too literally. she's a main character who's on screen most of time. so if you don't like her while shes on screen youd be thinking that for most of the watch time... you're relationships must be built on thin ice if "I want to punch that fictional character" is enough to make you consider ending it.

what exactly do you have issue with? we can have individual opinions

When it comes to movies, music, and books we like what we like and somebody else isn’t going to change it. It’s certainly possible to be with someone who has different tastes in these things. Unfortunately people who are fans of one genre or series of movies just want to share their love of that with others. Generally, with the more popular movie series that have been out for a while - The people who haven’t seen them probably didn’t see them by choice. Those people are just not interested. You have to learn how to say “no” and you have to learn to accept that sometimes “no” is just the answer you have to live with. I love Star Wars, Lord of the Rings etc. - My wife does not. She loves light comedies, I am less of a fan of those. Some things we just don’t watch together. It’s OK to like different things.

I can proudly say I have never watched any of the Harry Potter movies, nor have I read any of the books. I'm no worse for it, either.

ojoRojo 27

I dont watch every movie that comes out and its odd how many people react with anger when you say you havent watched a certain movie lol. i havent watched the first few Harry Potters but I watched a few of the later ones and enjoyed them. My wife said they were darker than the earlier ones