By Anonymous - 17/09/2011 01:24 - United States

Today, at college, I found a lanyard with some keys and a YMCA member's card attached. Hoping to find contact details, I googled the name on the back of the card, just in time for him to return and see me looking through his Facebook profile like some kind of stalker. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 405
You deserved it 12 414

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your heart was in the right place, just have fun explaining it :)

jillianmathers12 13

Just explain it to him I am sure he will understand!

Comments

Why is this even an FML ? Just tell the son of a bitch that you were trying to find out a way of returning his items. If he doesn't understand he's a dumb bastard.

2wenty0ne21 0

Just explain to him that you found the keys and looked up the name hoping to return them.

Your profile pic makes me want to punch something.

Egnar 19

When I was a freshman in college some random student called my dorm room up because she found my wallet and looked in it for my contact information [which just so happened to have my student ID so she could look me up in the computer system and see my landline information]. I don't know about you but I'd much rather someone call me/facebook me that they found my stuff than have to retrace my steps through god knows how many places trying to blindly find it. She only feels awkward because she didn't bother to say "oh hey, I saw you left your stuff here and was trying to see if you had any contact information so I could get in touch with you and get it back to you." Anybody would have appreciated it and if he wasn't an idiot I'm sure he was able to figure that out himself.

Egnar 19

You did the right thing. I figured it would be pretty easy to explain that you were using it to get in contact with him so that you could return the items you found, though. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, had you given it to somebody in lost and found you wouldn't be able to verify the person getting their stuff back or having it stolen.

That's what you get for googling him in public on your giant projector screen? I mean, were you either googling him immediately in public on a large screen or googling him at home and he was your roommate? I just don't understand how he saw?

College Library or computer lab? Not all of the computers are attached to projectors you know..

I'm sure if you explained yourself (CORRECTLY...not creepy-like...) he'd understand. How else would you have found his information otherwise...?...other than, I suppose, bringing it to some sort of lost and found or a front desk...oh well. Hope your explanation wasn't shaky xD