Bodyshaming

By Anonymous - 09/12/2020 13:02 - United Kingdom - Milton Keynes

Today, my coworker doesn't want to go to lunch with me anymore, after I lost a load of weight in lockdown and she's still "overweight." Apparently, I've "changed, and not the same person." FML
I agree, your life sucks 759
You deserved it 67

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You are, you skinny narcissist! Lots of us have gained weight during the plague and are jealous of those who went the other way.

It sucks to lose someone who you used to invest time in over something so trivial, but keep doing what's best for you and your body no matter what people say.

Comments

You are, you skinny narcissist! Lots of us have gained weight during the plague and are jealous of those who went the other way.

It sucks to lose someone who you used to invest time in over something so trivial, but keep doing what's best for you and your body no matter what people say.

I'm sorry that her discomfort with herself is getting in the way of your friendship. Continue to talk with her if you want, and if weight is ever discussed offer her any support she needs...When someone in your life makes a concerted effort to change it can cause others to react negatively. They're the ones stuck & there is a level of jealousy/envy/discouragement that is felt by those "left behind".

Yeah, some people don't like to be reminded that they actually DO have the power to improve themselves...

Nothing bothers people with problems than people who choose to change for the better, because change takes effort.