By RevolutionLove - 10/12/2010 17:09 - United States

Spicy
Today, at a gynecologist's appointment, I was privileged to have 7 co-ed nursing students stare at my vagina for 25 minutes as part of their training. At one point the doctor apologized for having to "open me up more than usual", but said she wanted everyone to get a good view. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 503
You deserved it 5 380

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't you have to agree to have nurses in training observe you? If not, they're all mature adults and -should- be professional about it.

You didn't have to agree to it if you were uncomfortable. No doctor has the right to force a patient against their will. All you had to do was politely refuse. End of story.

Comments

perdix 29

There was probably at least one impostor in that group who was just a perv who wanted to get a good look at your hoo-hah.

Implying men don't go into gynecology for the free show. Hell who wouldn't want to get paid to service women all day?

hoo-ha. I would pay my gyno extra if he would use the word hoo-ha

I think you're forgetting they need to examine all types of vaginas. perhaps someone comes in with a blue waffle... you're not allowed to puke

gynos don't always get to look at pretty vaginas. there are some nasty ones out there that should never be used again.

AceArctic 4

I could say something really gross here, but I feel that wouldn't be appreciated. Just think of fish smell, tacos, and corn starch and I think you'll get pretty close.

Well like most jobs, there's always a downside (old people, women who don't wash or shave), but if you are persistant through those clients then you'll eventually get someone who takes good care of theirs. On another note, if you become a certified gynecologist AND proctologist, you would be legally capable of giving the shocker.

cherriekerrie 0

They brought in a male trainee for one of my doctor appointments also (though it was only an annual physical, nothing like what OP had). I told them I absoloutly did not want him there, but they ignored me and kept him there anyway. Some doctors are just douches.

That's illegal. And at any point, you are allowed to leave a doctor's visit.

KaySL, you always make my day. :) (And yes, I'm a girl. And no...)

You could have refused to have them there so YDI

Observation is part of the training. Just keep in mind that they were probably almost as uncomfortable as you. My first time doing a cervical exam was definitely more difficult for me than for the patient, but she understood. There were a couple of times during medical school when a patient said "No students," but there were always patients who were understanding enough to know that today's students are tomorrow's professionals.

Chimi_fml 0

In soviet russia ****** stare at students

AceArctic 4

In some cases I'm sure it does everywhere else as well o.O

FrickinFigures 0

You shouldn't have let them observe if you were uncomfortable with the situation.

pretty sure you could have said "no I do not want all these randoms staring at my twat." you do have choices ya know. why is everyone who posts fmls so stupid? lol