Zoomers

By Anonymous - 16/11/2020 11:01

Spicy
Today, as I was at work as a gynecologist, a twelve-year-old girl asked me, on a scale of 1-10, how tight her "fun stuff" was. This is the new generation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 405
You deserved it 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that sounds like something the girls parents should absolutley talk to her about. even if to simply make sure she understands what she is saying/ talking about, and to make sure she gets the "sex talk" from them and not another child. I hope they were present or you let them know...

wysegirl 24

I'm more confused why a 12 year old is seeing a gyno. That is concerning with how young she is.

Comments

that sounds like something the girls parents should absolutley talk to her about. even if to simply make sure she understands what she is saying/ talking about, and to make sure she gets the "sex talk" from them and not another child. I hope they were present or you let them know...

No. Everything between a patient and a doc is confidential. That also counts for teenangers that are old enough to go to a doc alone.

I should clarify, i did not mean they should give a detailed account. but simply mentioning it may be a good time for such talks. i know plenty of parents who avoid it at all costs and it leads to getting information from other children. but also 12 is not old enough to outright care for ones own health properly, and there are plenty of reasons the parent may not have been present for a simple checkup.

Yes confidential! But I would hope that the OP would think of a good way to maybe bring up a discussion about the patient talking to her parents about intercourse, or be open about talking to the 12yo herself if the patient is comfortable. If it's down to procedures other than well visits, a large portion of the US requires consent from a guardian or have a parent present during the decision if under 17 years old.

Did the previous generation not care how tight their fun stuff was, or did they not have a ten-point scale to assess their fun stuff tightness?

wysegirl 24

I'm more confused why a 12 year old is seeing a gyno. That is concerning with how young she is.

Maybe she's reached the stage in her life where she would benefit visiting a gynecologist. We're all different, remember?

xxlk4xx 6

could be person issues, or maybe has a cyst, she could have also been sexually abused/assaulted and now has to be checked, I know st 17 once I was sexually active I had to start going for pap smears and being tested for any disease (I was with the same person for almost 8 years) anyways there could be lots of reasons why shes seeing a gyno but I HOPE not for any bad reasons.

She's a 12-year-old calling it her "fun stuff" and wondering about it's tightness? What's confusing you? She's either sexually active or vergin' on it.

Periods manifest as young as 8 years old, and getting a checkup every year after is advised. May not be the usual but being cautious isn't a problem.

Period issues. I SHOULD have seen a gyno about that age myself, because my PCOS was really obvious, and I was already getting seriously sick each month. That said, for a twelve-year-old to be curious about That Sort of Thing is totally normal and they often express it in totally inappropriate ways, being, you know, dumbass kids. Sex ed is the correct response, and it sets them up to be more confident later on.

chrissutter35 5

Should told her 7 and to get her game together

Yeah so this "new generation" crap is bullshit. I feel like ya should have asked yourself if this kids behavior was odd, and informed whatever medical knowledge you're legally allowed to inform and maybe talk with the parents to see if they're teaching the kid about her body or to see if they might be the source of this behavior. New generations just learn from the older ones.