By Anonymous - 19/03/2009 20:47 - Canada

Today, at 4:00 a.m., I woke up and realized that I had thrown an expensive gift certificate for a friend in the garbage. Since it was garbage day, I ran out in the rain in my pajamas and rifled through all three bags of garbage. Twice. I found the gift certificate. It was in my pocket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 365
You deserved it 58 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

left it in the garbage? why would it have been in the garbage in the first place if you intended on giving it to a friend?

Ender_ 0

#1 - maybe they just figured it was a good hiding spot so their friend wouldn't find it. Or maybe they're just stupid.

Comments

Linz102 0

i don't understand why 9 explained over again what she said. No one implied a miscomprehension that she looked for something for a long time in the garbage when it was in fact in her pocket. The problem with this is the wording of "I woke up and realized I had left an expensive gift certificate in the garbage." Had it said something along the lines of "I woke up and realized I had accidentally thrown away an expensive gift certificate," or even further "I realized I had forgotten to remove an expensive gift certificate from my shopping bag before throwing it away," it would have made more sense. Otherwise it sounds like you had been storing your precious gift certificate in the garbage, idiot.

lmao all these comments crack me the f up

sf1985 0

Who has pockets in their pajamas?

superson_fml 0

Meh. I've had worse experiences with garbage and being in it.

mentally challenged individuals should be supervised with a computer, and FML should be a blocked site for you. **** off you stupid piece of shit you dont deserve to live, the world would be a better place without someone as dumb as you.

zidane312 0

#38 needs to post an FML.... jeez lol

#38 - have you ever considered therapy...or even anger management? Bet you could benefit from it. And unless that gift certificate was for a day at the spa, I would have left it there - it aint worth the garbage.

I always find it amusing when people use the FML comment section to try to lecture the OP on what they did wrong and how they should, "Make sure it doesn't happen again." Sometimes it's called for, like cheating and shit, but to lecture someone over thinking they left something in the trash is just ridiculous. Like she/he hasn't already learned that lesson by going through the trash twice at 4 A.M.