By Anonymous - 19/03/2009 20:47 - Canada

Today, at 4:00 a.m., I woke up and realized that I had thrown an expensive gift certificate for a friend in the garbage. Since it was garbage day, I ran out in the rain in my pajamas and rifled through all three bags of garbage. Twice. I found the gift certificate. It was in my pocket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 364
You deserved it 58 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

left it in the garbage? why would it have been in the garbage in the first place if you intended on giving it to a friend?

Ender_ 0

#1 - maybe they just figured it was a good hiding spot so their friend wouldn't find it. Or maybe they're just stupid.

Comments

your so stupid why would you put it in the garbage in the first place? if you wanted to hide it why would you hide it there on garbage day? this story is so fake and dumb.

I've done something like this before, but with keys instead. I'm gonna agree with #9, because that's most likely what happened.

Why would your garabage already be out at 4 am? Wouldn't you wake up and then put it outside in the morning?

#14: Maybe he/she put it out the evening before

calmthefuck_down 0

why would you put a gift certificate in the garbage ?

maybe they had accidentally left it in the bag and threw the bag away? still that really sucks

I agree with 10, 16... I've done it before, it's possible.

yeah I've done stuff like this before. hey, at least you found it. still, i would have been pissed at myself too for rifling through all that shit.

Jack_Of_Spades 0

I've been in those types of situations, though I never left my keys in the garbage...

some of your guys are ridiculous. don't you see she never put the receipt in the garbage!? ha. she thought she did..she probably had a dream about it and freaked. it was in her poket all along. good job to those who realized the true hilarity of this story.

Why would you go to bed with a gift certificate in your pocket?