By regstl - 01/06/2013 06:21 - United States - Beaverton

Today, as I was getting out of my car, an old and obese lady walked up to me and called me an "inconsiderate heartless bitch" for using the last handicap parking spot. I guess she didn't see my wheelchair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 197
You deserved it 3 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fat people thinking they have a disability smh

Her handicap is obviously being a clueless twat.

Comments

She could have a disability that means she is on medication that makes her put weight on or can't do sport. She still sounds like a jack-arse but her being fat might only be a symptom not the cause of her disability.

StoneSentinel 3

How are you getting out of a car with a wheelchair?

Kristoffer 35

You think everyone confined to a wheelchair has to be aided in everything they do by some able-bodied person? I've seen videos of how it's done, maybe you can look one up on youtube or something.

TheDrifter 23

Folding wheelchair goes in the back or passenger seat, take it out, reattach the wheels and open it up. Grab your car keys, left hand on the door handle right on the seat or grab handle, swing to the chair and close and lock your door. Not the fastest thing ever, but no working legs doesn't necessarily mean never driving again these days.

I feel for ya, OP. I have a placard due to severe health issues and sometimes walk with a cane. I am very young and definitely look able bodied and I get glared and yelled at all the time and it makes me feel embarrassed. :(

An inability to say no to food is not a disability.

gigi03 5

Obese people should not be allowed to be handicap

People debating if age and obesity are disabilities: it doesn't matter if they are or not. OP had a right to the disabled park and shouldn't have been bitched out by anyone, disabled or not, for parking there.

Ugh, here come the unoriginal "Only in America!" comments. Anyway OP, I hope you stood up for yourself. People have no proper manners anymore.

I catch shit and dirty looks on a semi-regular basis. To the average observer I look reasonably young (in my 30's) and healthy (maybe 20 extra pounds). And yet I drive a car with a handicapped placard. I get judged every time I get out of in a blue spot. I beat up my knees in the Army in the 90's and they've just been getting worse since. IU have significant pain when I walk sometimes and yet I don't show it. Or look old. Or wheelchair bound. I've caught douchebags about to key my car for it. Just because someone doesn't look like they can't walk much doesn't mean they can't. This is not related to OP's case. Just a tangential comment.