By Flipside - 02/05/2009 00:46 - United States

Today, as I was driving home, I saw a woman get hit by a car. I immediately parked on the side of the road to assist her. I called an ambulance and stayed with her until they came to get her, comforting her all the while. When I returned to my car, I found a parking ticket in my windshield. FML
I agree, your life sucks 112 704
You deserved it 6 449

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aupilot 0

There is usually a process by which you can contest the ticket. You MIGHT be able to get out of it since it was an emergency.

Comments

#47 booring? first of all its BORING not booring... and secondly this is anything but boring, its a serious situation and the OP was doing a good deed and got punished for doing so. If you are going to waste you time and energy to comment something so juvenile don't comment at all leave the space for people who have good ideas to share with the OP. As for the OP I agree with many people on here take it to court and you will surely win.

LOL, i'd probably laugh at her and drive away... schadefreude ftw!

IshitCAKES 0

dude thats why u shouldnt do good things? just laugh ur ass off bcuz some chick got hit by a car

That is so stupid, you should tell them the situation and maybe they'll let it slide.

I wonder if this person parked in a place that the cop couldn't see the accident until after he'd written the ticket. Also #24 is obviously a troll.

wow thats the craziest FML ive ever heard lol

insane_chick 0

lol this FML reminds me of http://www.fmylife.com/work/1315 I agree # 24 = troll. **** you for being an insensitive asshole. I'd like to see you get hit by a car, have no one help you out, and see your story posted as a FML story only to have me say "YDI and guess what that was me in the car." to the OP: good for you for being a good person, but unfortunately no good deed goes unpunished. Life has a funny way of ******** on you. At least you did the right thing.

#24, you fail. OP, you did the right thing, though you didn't deserve the ticket. Still, at least you helped someone. ^^ The officer just shows how society is going poop these days. Gah.

You did the right thing, this shouldn't be an FML. Feel proud of yourself.

I agree with #102. This shouldn't be an FML because you did the right thing and you should indeed be proud of it. Try contesting the ticket on the grounds that it was an emergency.

peace7love2FML 0

I agree, but what OP is saying is that after doing the right thing, he was rewarded with a parking ticket.