By Flipside - 02/05/2009 00:46 - United States

Today, as I was driving home, I saw a woman get hit by a car. I immediately parked on the side of the road to assist her. I called an ambulance and stayed with her until they came to get her, comforting her all the while. When I returned to my car, I found a parking ticket in my windshield. FML
I agree, your life sucks 112 707
You deserved it 6 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aupilot 0

There is usually a process by which you can contest the ticket. You MIGHT be able to get out of it since it was an emergency.

Comments

Ah well. Shit happens. I'd suggest contesting the ticket.

EveryDayJackAss 0

as the saying goes "no good deed goes through without shit happening" and now the next time someone is severely hurt and is gonna die..say "**** IT"....the best solution to any problem ^_^

raccoonempress 0

I'm so sorry. But at least you did the right thing.

Tell the authorities what happened, and get the woman as evidence

please tell me you're disputing it, if you dont know how, find someone with a basic knowledge of traffic law, it doesnt have to be a lawyer, even a law teacher at the local highschool would suffice.

pianodoctor 0

#24: you're an idiot since emergency situations due in fact preclude parking laws and the ticketing officer should have known that] #28: way to quote "Liar Liar" ! poster: Please dispute this, you are clearly a good samaritan and there are laws to pretect ppl like you in the US (assuming that is where you are from).

I guess there's no such thing as karma then. You've just proved it.

sb_rph 0

you obeyed the good samaritan law therefore you should NOT have to pay that ticket! friggin jackass cops! THEY'RE SUCH PIGS!!!!

ctillman972 0

1) you would have gotten a bigger ticket for not helping her. 2) you can probably go to the police station and tell them.

1) not true, you could get in a lot of trouble for helping her. if someone gets hit by a car and you try to help but hurt them more it's badd. so it's actually law ur not supposed to. 2) Who even cares about the parking ticket?! this isn't a fml! saving life is worth getting a parking ticket! selfish asshole(the OP is)! plus the officer would have seen the old lady and helped or something! so... fake!