By rebecca - 10/03/2009 21:31 - Austria

Today, as a bartender was carding my friends, I excitedly asked if he was going to card me. The guy gave me a blank stare before finally replying, "Look, lady, I don't have time to stroke some middle-aged woman's ego." I asked because it was my birthday. I just turned twenty-one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 90 365
You deserved it 7 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ok seriously I MUST see a picture of you after reading that.

Comments

greatnt249 0

Not sure why you're so eager to get carded; it gets old after a while.

I worked in a liquor store, and a lot of women used to ask that question. It gets exasperating. He probably had that line already scripted in his head and had used it many times before. He probably always gives it as a stock reply whenever any woman asks to be carded. I bet he barely looked at you.

P.S, What IS "carding"? If it's just the bartender giving out cards randomly, I'm glad I don't live where you live :) x

Carding is slang (I guess it applies only to Americans) for having to show id to prove that you're old enough to drink.

TryToBeKind 0

First of all, I hope that you told him you were 21 and were very offended by his attitude. I also hope tha neither you nor your friends tipped him at all. Third of all, I would hope you have the actual time and date and descrption, if not his name. I would contact the owner of the bar or whoever you are to contact regarding complaints and explain what happened. Since they can't give you free booze, just request that the owner say something to the bartender. Next time you come in, ask the bartender if his manager had a talk with him about what he did to you. If he acts anything other than embarrassed or apologetic, make it clear that you will be contacting his manager again. Keep going until it's clear the bartender has been reprimanded for his actions. In the meantime, spread the word about shitty service there and make it clear to the manager that you will be doing that. That ought to get them moving.

hank01 0

dear G-D tht may have been posted anonymously, but everyone knows you are not only a woman, but a fat one to boot... i hate you

Baytheshark 14

Okay, question! WTF is wrong with you? You my dear fat middle aged woman need to chill.

madgrinchhatter 12

He didn't actually do anything against any rules. He made a stupid joke. Either OP is really old looking and he made an honest mistake thinking she was middle aged, or OP looks like a 21 year old and doesn't understand sarcasm or irony

madgrinchhatter 12

everythingtold, really? You are taking this way to far. I bet you are the type of person that complains to the management all the time "on principle". Relax a bit. He didn't actually do anything against any rules. He made a stupid joke. Either OP is really old looking and he made an honest mistake thinking she was middle aged, or OP looks like a 21 year old and doesn't understand sarcasm or irony.

madgrinchhatter 12

lol at #19. Don't take everything so seriously. Tbh it's kind of embarrassing that she actually asked if she was going to be carded.

Is the problem that he thinks you look oul, or that you didn't find out till it was to late to get booz while underage. Or both?

willxbexfam00sx3 0

That sucks.Especially on your birthday...maybe he was drunk or in pissy mood.Hmm people are weird.