By Anonymous - 29/04/2014 02:39 - Canada - Red Deer

Today, an old guy phoned the cops on my daughter because she was drawing with chalk on the sidewalk. Apparently, he thinks it's vandalism. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 306
You deserved it 3 844

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some petty people have nothing better to do with their lives than bring misery on everyone else's.

Chalk would wash away in the rain though surely? Some old people are just grumpy, OP.

Comments

LiLMAMA0523 35

Wow really? I bet that won't be the last time he calls the police (on anyone) for a silly reason.

Technically he's right to be honest, but seeing as it will wash off at the first or second rain, the cops don't care. What is more likely to happen here would be the cops going to that man's house and threatening to charge him with filing a false report. They would at the least chat with him, but unless it was on his property it wouldn't be an issue, even then it would be civil and not criminal.

Really kids playing with chalk is vandalism ok Yea just put put them in front of a xbox and tv so much better than going outside and being kids and using their imagination

some people just make up stuff to complain about to try and validate their miserable lives.It is easier for them to attack the innocent than address the real problem with their life.

Oh! Old people always grumpy like that -_-

two of my best friends almost got arsted for it apparently its a class a felony and the only reason they didn't is because the other cop stoped him and had them wash it off... it was quit stupid

After reading this fml and some comments, I googled "is it illegal to draw on the sidewalk with chalk?". It turns out that it sure as hell is illegal here in the U.S.. No wonder people don't understand our legal system. Op, I hope your daughter was not upset about the cops showing up.

urnnotvase 10

I don't see how that became a huge issue. I loved sidewalk chalk as a child. It was something fun and harmless.

91hayek 31

"sidewalk chalk" has a nice ring to it. I'm going to start using this moniker for cocaine and see if it catches on.

I remember doing that and getting in trouble if i did it anywhere other than my street but vandalism really? Does the old man have something against you op