By weep weep weep - 12/03/2012 03:04 - United States

Today, after months of teaching my parrot to speak, he finally demonstrated his abilities. I accidentally set off my smoke detector, and he's been wailing like a dying banshee ever since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 920
You deserved it 3 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

EmilieAutumn 7

Just make sure you never have sex around him.

haZzbin 0

Could come in handy… if your house were to catch on fire and the alarm somehow didn't sense it

Comments

skyeyez9 24

My friend's african Grey parrot imitates the sound of the neighbor's emphysema cough. Other interesting sounds he does: kitchen cabinet squeaks open, jackhammer noise (there was construction outSide of their apartment one summer), various lines from The Golden Girls show....something about St Olaf's.

skyeyez9 24

For the longest time his bird would talk nonstop, but if you go into the living room Where the bird was, he would instantly stop talking and just stare at you. Then start back up when you leave the room.

geod69 8

Wel at least you'll get that A now

Hiphuray4peas 27

Mine does that too. Particularly when he wants fresh water. Gotta love 'em, birds.... very likely (unless you use behavior modification techniques) your bird will continue to squawk like that until he no longer finds it rewarding, or he isn't able to squawk anymore.

Sounds like there are 2 FMLs here... 1 you can't cook 2 your parrot.

Parrots don't just learn words and other human sounds.Those damn things will imitate any noise they hear over and over. Had one that used to growl exactly like our dishwasher!

I would have taught him to make sierns and other anoying sounds