By Anonymous - 01/09/2013 04:40 - Canada - Saint Albert

Today, after I explained to my waitress that I have an allergy to butter, she nonetheless put some on my baked potato. When I had her get me another, without butter, she came back with one and then asked if I would like butter with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 853
You deserved it 3 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CommonSenseKarma 17

It was probably just a mechanical response. When you deal with customer service it tends to happen.

Comments

complain the management or teach her through sign language, if she doesn't understand ur verbal expressions.

Sandman1917 5

Sounds like a waitress we had once at a Waffle House. She was an idiot

BuckNekkid 22

she put something other than butter on there after she took it back.....blech

Was this waitress blonde? Meh, doesn't matter, sounds like she has the IQ of that one girl from Mean Girls. Seriously, just...why? You said no butter the first time, but she puts it on there anyway, yet when you tell her to bring you a new one and she does, she asks if you want butter. Uh...if you wanted butter, you wouldn't have sent the first one back. My faith in humanity declines more and more daily.

There is a reason why she is a waitress and not a scientist?

kmoore12499 1

You really think that the waitress herself put the butter on your baked potato? She may have told the cooks not to, but some don't listen well. Yes, it was stupid for her to ask if you wanted butter the last time, but you must be one dense person if you seriously think that it must have been 100% her fault that you had butter on it the first time. I have been a waitress for years and it gets irritating when people yell at me for something the cooks did. Why don't you stop blaming your waitresses for everything? How about you attempt to be a waitress, then see how much you complain about your service after that?

Yes sometimes chefs don't read dockets properly, but if you are the waitress running the food out then you should check it's correct before you take it. The chef and the waitress are both to blame in this instance.

Mademoiselle_fml 34

I think OP is only irritated because the question at the end, which made her feel like they seriously weren't paying attention to her. If it had only been the buttered potato, it would have felt like a simple mistake. But asking her if she would like butter on her potato, after specifically asking for a non-buttered one and saying that she was allergic to butter must have made her feel completely ignored, which is super irritating.

Tip her bad; those kind of people really need to pay attention to details and not only "get through" life.