By Anonymous - 01/09/2013 04:40 - Canada - Saint Albert

Today, after I explained to my waitress that I have an allergy to butter, she nonetheless put some on my baked potato. When I had her get me another, without butter, she came back with one and then asked if I would like butter with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 853
You deserved it 3 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CommonSenseKarma 17

It was probably just a mechanical response. When you deal with customer service it tends to happen.

Comments

10 were you trying to be funny because it's not working.

#50 - You must be a tad thick to consider waitressing a "career choice" on anyone's part, regardless of their capacity. On top of that, you seem repulsively judgemental.

#59: Aye, I'm aware there's a reply button. The FML mobile site often has issues when it comes to using the reply function. No, your original comment did not single out "the idiots." You berated the waitress in the FML over something that could've been nothing more than an impulsive mistake or a simple miscommunication, then went on to paint waitressing jobs as something mostly only idiots or unsuccessful people fall back on — alas, with nothing more than your own unfortunate experiences with servers as your reasoning. Besides, waiting tables doesn't seem to be something for the absent-minded. Taking multiple orders at once in a busy restaurant, having to keep constant track of them all from place to place, staying on your feet for practically the entire day and being forced to deal with ignorant, supercilious customers in a polite fashion is bound to have someone slip up from time to time. Perhaps if you displayed more understanding and patience in your requests, you would encounter less of such incidents. #68: Was I "trying to have" a literate sentence? Your comment speaks for itself, as it does your comprehension skills.

maybe they **** your order up cause you're a ****. that could be it. you talk to them like they're ******* stupid and beneath you, yeah I'd **** your order up to. and here's a thought if they keep messing your food up HEY there's this wonderful thing called cooking for yourself. its great. you should try it sometime.

You are not judgmental at all. Maybe she likes being a waitress (it was one of my favorite jobs), maybe she is doing it while in school, maybe she already has a degree and cannot find a better job, or maybe you should not be such a condescending bitch toward someone's career.

Sometimes shit happens, scrape the top of the potato off. If your allergy is that bad , you better hope they don't use butter in cooking anything else. No matter what be nice to the people who bring your food, they can jack your day in a hurry if they want.

skinnybyotch 16

Took the words right out of my mouth there 65 I hate judgmental assholes I am a waitress I have a degree I just can't find a job in my field at the moment as for op these things happen she probably had a lot on her mind at the time

Op said they don't want butter on the potato, just don't put butter on the damn potato. You don't have to analyze and give a reason. It's very simple OP did NOT want butter.

Some people are not meant to have public service jobs. Smh.

You should stop now, #10. You're talking to yourself now