By Anonymous - 01/09/2013 04:40 - Canada - Saint Albert

Today, after I explained to my waitress that I have an allergy to butter, she nonetheless put some on my baked potato. When I had her get me another, without butter, she came back with one and then asked if I would like butter with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 853
You deserved it 3 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CommonSenseKarma 17

It was probably just a mechanical response. When you deal with customer service it tends to happen.

Comments

seems like the waitress has the same problem my sister does, crs (Can't Remember Shit).

DrownedMyFish 18

The FML clearly states that OP is allergic.

I'm just wondering why you felt the need to tell her about your allergy. a simple "no butter" would have been fine. we really don't have all the time in the world to hear everyone's life story on why and what they can and can't have. on another note, your waitress sounded like she was just in her zone, trying to get her job done correctly.

skehar 23

#35, It's important for a waiter/ waitress to know those sorts of things about the customer. Butter is pretty common, so there's a good chance that it could be in other food. Saying "I'm allergic to butter" only has 2 more words. Better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your health. If you don't care about the customer, then you probably shouldn't be a waiter/ waitress.

Oh I care but like I said, maybe it's just who I wait on that they want to waste 5 minutes of my time instead of saying , no whatever it is. I'm allergic.

I think the "explained that I have an allergy to butter" was more of a "no butter, I'm allergic" type of thing.

Explaining that one has an allergy doesn't take even close to five minutes #42. Come on now.

@35. When you tell a waitress that its due to allergies your not giving her your life story. Your hoping that by knowing her and the kitchen will be moe vigilant.

Well maybe it's just who I wait on that take 5 minutes to tell me why they cant have something. instead of no butter, I'm allergic, I get a whole earful on it.

TheDrifter 23

Some people just like to talk. If it wasn't about their allergies you'd get a 5 minute explanation on why they picked the dish they did.

#41 You shouldn't be in customer service.

jw90 18

She might of been nervous. Waitressing is quite the nerve racking job.

taybear0 14

don't order a baked potato without butter, that's stupid. ydi

No, you're ******* stupid. For starters, OP is allergic, you *******, who says they can't have baked potato? Second, just because you like butter on your baked potato, doesn't mean that's the case with everyone else.

All I can imagine is anti-butter discrimination. "We don't accept your kind." OP is having to buy back alley baked potatoes from shady cooks.

10, I'm drunk, and I think that's stupid.

people like you piss me off. every little thing that a waitress does doesn't have to be announced to their managers. first of all the managers have tons of other shit going on during their shift to care if she asked you for butter when she initially got your order right anyways and secondly YOU CAN FIX YOUR OWN PROBLEM BY TALKING TO THE WAITRESS YOURSELF. you don't have to ******* tattle on them.

people like you piss me off. every little thing that a waitress does doesn't have to be announced to their managers. first of all the managers have tons of other shit going on during their shift to care if she asked you for butter when she initially got your order right anyways and secondly YOU CAN FIX YOUR OWN PROBLEM BY TALKING TO THE WAITRESS YOURSELF. you don't have to ******* tattle on them..