By Lisa - 19/09/2011 02:07 - United States

Today, after being dumped by my boyfriend of two years, I poured my heart out to my dad. He nodded and looked sympathetic throughout. Afterwards, I asked him what I should do. He replied, "How the hell should I know?" and awkwardly left my room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 924
You deserved it 5 698

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Move on. I know it's hard but every breakup is one step closer to "the one". Think about this in a positive way. I'll admit that was kinda've a bitch move on your dad but it's not suprising.

Comments

Sounds like any REAL man: i.e. Doesn't understand girls and doesn't cry when told to man up.

IDontKnow10101 14

Here's what u should do, move on and grab another boyfriend because obviously ur ex isn't "the one"

Why do some girls always expect everyone to know what to do? Why can't you make your own choice on what you should do?

perdix 29

How the hell should he know? He's never been dumped by his boyfriend. If he's like most dads, his ability to help are limited: he can either write a check to hire a new one, or build you one out in the garage. Your dad is probably broke and your mom won't let him have enough tools in the garage.

Yeah dads only write checks and spend their time in the garage! But seriously most dads don't know how to help in that sort of situation.mine wouldn't at least

perdix 29

Even though you think I'm a douchebag, I would. I'm actually a good dad. If my daughter is going out with a guy for a while, I'd make sure I got to know him and I'd ask her how things are going between them. Oftentimes, break-ups are not real surprise, but happen after a long period of trouble or other problems. I'd be very supportive and sympathetic and give her the best advice I could. Surprise!

Nah your not a total douche more dads should have your thought process

enonymous 8

26 - your dad is a good guy. He helped me when my boyfriends broke up with me...

jrsylilballer6 7

smart dad. I like em already (:

fez667 0

i agree with him time for you to well man up and move on figurativly of course

Try asking your mom for guidance. Since she's of the same gender as you, she may be more able to help you. Would you really want man's opinion on this?

Some fathers, well mine at least, can give great advice on relationship problems. Others just don't know how to respond to an emotional teenage girl.

boredblonde 17