By thanksbabe - 12/01/2013 06:32 - United States

Today, after a week of intense fighting, my girlfriend of 4 years and I hung out. She told me she loved me, and I pointed out that last week she said she was going to dump me. Without missing a beat, she replied, "Only to scare you into submission." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 092
You deserved it 8 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I won't be popular for saying this, but dump her. Manipulating you with the threat of leaving you is not ok. My ex used to do that. He threatened to leave me every time I wouldn't do what he wanted, even with dumb shit, like refusing to buy him a beer. One day I finally said, "Fine. There's the door." He just whined that I didn't care and didn't even move from the spot where he was. He never threatened to leave me again. I suggest that next time she threatens to dump you, call her on her bluff. If she dumps you, good riddance. If not, she won't be manipulating that way again.

Stand your ground boss, or she will want to control you forever..

Comments

In any relationship, the one less interested in maintaining the relationship will always have the upper hand in said relationship.

If you stay with her than your screwed. If you leave her than you're heart broken. She's crazy, deal with the broken heart.

Derpylicious 3

She is obviously bad for you. Leave her and don't look back, you'll be doing yourself a favor.

Paperclypse13 7

What exactly is the reason y'all've been together for 4 years??? Seems you need a girl who doesn't try to control you

Run. Run free. Run far. Not an okay "girlfriend." You can do better.

Wow thats sad idk if this is a common thing for you guys or a one time thing either way thats kinda messed up of her do that but then again what were you guys fighting over and why for so long? And who started it?

Maybe she said it sarcastically or playfully, if she does this more than once, THEN consider breaking up with her