By thanksbabe - 12/01/2013 06:32 - United States

Today, after a week of intense fighting, my girlfriend of 4 years and I hung out. She told me she loved me, and I pointed out that last week she said she was going to dump me. Without missing a beat, she replied, "Only to scare you into submission." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 092
You deserved it 8 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I won't be popular for saying this, but dump her. Manipulating you with the threat of leaving you is not ok. My ex used to do that. He threatened to leave me every time I wouldn't do what he wanted, even with dumb shit, like refusing to buy him a beer. One day I finally said, "Fine. There's the door." He just whined that I didn't care and didn't even move from the spot where he was. He never threatened to leave me again. I suggest that next time she threatens to dump you, call her on her bluff. If she dumps you, good riddance. If not, she won't be manipulating that way again.

Stand your ground boss, or she will want to control you forever..

Comments

That could be a good thing. Girls like being dominant sometimes too.

tj5810 21

I think this is the first FML that caused me to actually laugh out loud. Sorry OP, but I like your girls style.

Be like "Submission?" *Push head down* "Girl, submit to this". It will be well worth the next 2 weeks you will be fighting because of.

No reason to fight for that long. Some couples love each other so much they want to kill each other, though. What a paradox.

Can't stand girls like this.. find a better one!

You have no clue how many girls do that. It's kind of sickening

carminecris89 13

That's ****** up that you would take her telling you she loved you as an opportunity to point out how pissed she was. She can be angry and still love you--usually that's the point. You get angry because you care. You sound like a real prick. Her being manipulative is screwed up too though. I would say its best to break up but you two sound perfect for each other.

Think if you have children with that someday.... Do you really want that to be the oven to your buns?

OP, I wouldn't say YDI or FYL because neither is true. It's a happy love story, go with it.

You might consider dumping her. She was very immature. Stop fighting and start communicating.