By thanksbabe - 12/01/2013 06:32 - United States

Today, after a week of intense fighting, my girlfriend of 4 years and I hung out. She told me she loved me, and I pointed out that last week she said she was going to dump me. Without missing a beat, she replied, "Only to scare you into submission." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 092
You deserved it 8 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I won't be popular for saying this, but dump her. Manipulating you with the threat of leaving you is not ok. My ex used to do that. He threatened to leave me every time I wouldn't do what he wanted, even with dumb shit, like refusing to buy him a beer. One day I finally said, "Fine. There's the door." He just whined that I didn't care and didn't even move from the spot where he was. He never threatened to leave me again. I suggest that next time she threatens to dump you, call her on her bluff. If she dumps you, good riddance. If not, she won't be manipulating that way again.

Stand your ground boss, or she will want to control you forever..

Comments

It was for your own good op. Wearing that giraffe onsie everywhere would eventually got you beaten up, plus you smelled bad.

nycwrestler 17

Perhaps she just has a quick wit and a sense of humor, even if a bit twisted....

SighGuy89 5

That's very un-bro-coming of you, bro. Eventually women get fed up with wimpy men they can walk all over.

Jordath_Fil 11

He is OP's next for neighbor and has been crushing on OP for years. He is now hoping that OP might notice him.

you know how women are...always find a way to get their way!