By Anonymous - 06/02/2015 08:26 - Canada - Maple Ridge

Today, after a day, I finally noticed that the toilet paper I'd been using to wipe my butt is actually a roll of paper towel cut in half. My dad thinks that it's a waste of money to buy proper paper. Guess who had to unclog the toilet twice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 100
You deserved it 3 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just buy your own toilet paper and keep it in your room

Buying toilet paper is just cheaper and easier than going through this hassle. Anyway, does it clean better? :D

Comments

Excuse my ignorance but why is OP flushing toilet paper down the toilet in the first place? Wouldn't it be simpler to throw it in a trash bin?

I think it depends on where you live. I'm from Germany and it's absolutely normal here to flush down the toilet paper since the pipes can (normally) handle it. Don't know about Canada but I think the same applies here.

Who doesn't flush toilet paper down the toilet when you've just wiped your ass with it? Who would want that shit lingering around in their garbage can, smelling up the area? That's just gross.

A friend of mine uses baby wipes and those aren't the best to flush. The wipes (and even toilet paper) are thrown in a garbage bin next to the toilet. Thrash bags are thrown away often so smell is never an issue. It works for her, she has a weak flushing toilet and can't afford to replace it yet.

Or you could wipe your butt with your left hand. .

rabbi1010 29

I hope its a good brand of paper towel.

jentrynicole 20

Let your dad unclog it a time or two. That'll teach him

Twisted_Angel 17

Did it make your ass sparkle?

That doesn't make sense. Paper towel is generally much more expensive than toilet paper.

If it makes sense to the parents then it is the "right" way.

Toilet paper is cheaper than paper towels.

Paper towels are more expensive per meter.

I don't get why everyone doesn't just use a bidet shower. You don't have to keep buying toilet paper and water seems more satisfying (we clean everything else with water so..). Although OP's dad might just complain about it increasing water bills.