Cheapskate

By Anonymous - 11/01/2011 17:09 - United States

Today, my entire family of five is sharing one roll of toilet paper. My parents refuse to buy any, because my father can get it free from his work. He's forgotten to bring any home every day without fail for the past seven days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 519
You deserved it 3 400

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow your parents are cheap. Just buy your own, and let no one use it.

"get it free from work" usually means "steal it from work" and your dad hasn't forgotten. He's probably being watched by the supervisor. He's not only cheap but he's a criminal and he's going to look like an absolute idiot when he has to tell people he lost his job for stealing toilet paper. FYL, it really sucks when you have to suffer because your parent are idiots. What else does your dad get "free" from work?

Comments

Wow your parents are cheap. Just buy your own, and let no one use it.

thats why i always keep a secret stash in the tank of the toilet tightly sealed in a plastic bag

lol I like the way you think there I should try that

VinegarStrokes 0

If you're that poor then just go to a public restroom somewhere and take a roll that they've got.

Exactly... It might suck to lower yourself to nicking a roll or two from the gas station shitter, but it sucks even worse to a) have an unwiped ass or b) paying a plumber to pull the newspaper and leaves out of your pipes.

traze 7

WTF! A roll cost like 69 cents.

emilyxorawr 3

Use your socks.... Or your hands :)

TheDrifter 23

Or the shower curtain, or the for looking at only towels that op's mother likely has in the bathroom. I like solutions that lead to more solutions.

Or they could use money bills. Wait..that's right.

Isn't it 'You should forget that you're not supposed to shit on people..like your dad'? :D

take it and hide it for yourself and say it's all gone so you can use it or they might buy more

"get it free from work" usually means "steal it from work" and your dad hasn't forgotten. He's probably being watched by the supervisor. He's not only cheap but he's a criminal and he's going to look like an absolute idiot when he has to tell people he lost his job for stealing toilet paper. FYL, it really sucks when you have to suffer because your parent are idiots. What else does your dad get "free" from work?

none_for_me 5

My thoughts exactly. Next fml from op is "my dad got fired for stealing tp now we have no money to buy tp or food.

Idiot. If you take things that do not belong to you it's stealing - even if your direct supervisor does not care enough to do anything about it. Your dad was lucky that his boss didn't care. Believe it or not, people have lost their jobs over stealing little things like toilet paper, pens, paper etc. Think before you speak next time. "Duuerrrrrp stealing is ok."

oh lighten up you lot. Lots of people are perfectly allowed to get free stuff from work, either as rewards or coz there's surplus or just coz they work there.

thrAsHeRr9081 16

Procter and Gamble employees get free shit. I used to work there, dumb asses.

ohh sorry I didn't check your profile until just now and didn't realize you were whole 21 years old. I bow to your extensive personal knowledge and life experience oh wait, never-mind, because you don't know shit. The real world is going to chew you up and spit you up like old gum.... good luck with that.

Acousticpixie14 6

Did anyone consider the fact that maybe OP's father works somewhere that has to do with toilet paper? It's entirely possible that hi company does indeed give him free toilet paper. OP, however, is an idiot. Go buy your own damn toilet paper. Or blow up your dad's phone right around when you know he's getting off of work. It's not rocket science.

howsitgoingjc 2
Acousticpixie14 6

If that was directed towards me, then you're an idiot.

DenBriZel 31

Sounds to me like OP's dad is stealing. It says he forgot to get one every day for the past week. That seems like he gets one per day or something like that. I would assume that if he is actually allowed to have free toilet paper that it would be more than one roll per day. Idk, that's just my take on it.

nnnntr 17

Just because he gets it for free doesn't mean he's stealing it. How about you quit being a judgmental bitch and worry about yourself

Sounds like he is stealing. My dad works at a packaging factory so we normally get a ton of free salad dressing or cards (usually with minor defects like a broken cap or peeled label) but this happens once every now and then. Say OP's dad works at a toilet paper company and gets free toilet paper every now and then. They wouldn't have enough toilet paper to sustain them during the period they get free tp and the next time they get more tp.

Ninjafriends 1

Give your dad some laxatives and he won't be forgetting anymore.

Lol, I second that. Cause I doubt he'll be happy resorting to using newspaper or having soiled underpants.

Since you can't stop shit from happening, go get your own or ask a neighbor for a roll. I'm sure if you offerred someone a buck they would make sure your ass was covered.