By Anonymous - 04/12/2011 05:19 - United States

Today, a man tried to rob the winery I worked at by knife-point. I managed to scare him off by throwing a bottle of wine at him. My boss fired me because I broke a $25 bottle of wine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 685
You deserved it 2 832

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jecarper 4

Man... If I were you, I'd **** him up, bust his tires, sleep with his wife... SOMETHING.

Comments

perdix 29

There's more to it than that -- if it was just the $25 bottle of wine, he'd just dock your pay by that amount. It was probably that you confronted the robber and endangered yourself and others. It's too bad that your boss took the easy way out and fired you instead of subjecting you to the Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods "Billy, Don't Be A Hero" Crime Response Program. Most graduates of the BD&HBDBAHCRP are more traumatized than actual crime victims.

Mackenzie99 6

What! Well ... You're better off you're boss is an ass!!!

dancersinger124 7
jk4life 1

I'd never work a job like that without keeping a gun under the counter

kaykay20 0

He should be glad it wasn't a rare expensive one. If this was your first time you should just get a warning and something to defend the place so you don't have to use wine bottles.

Contact the local news to get interviewed about your story. Make sure to mention that you were fired for it - that's quite a twist - and that if anyone else wants to hire a hero sommelier, they can email you.

most company policies state to just hand over the money. if the robber were to shoot you it would cosy them much more than what's in the til

That's exactly the policy at the national franchise restaurant chain I manage. "Heroes" get fired for endangering everyone's well being, whether they were successful or not. A room full of injured / dead people is not worth the $300 in the till.

On the bright side atleast you weren't hurt get a job where your appreciated