By Anonymous - 02/11/2014 06:30 - United States - River Falls

Today, my boyfriend lied about having herpes, and used it as an excuse to dump me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 204
You deserved it 3 322

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i think his attitude is more dangerous and sickly than the herpes themselves. you deserve better!

Well at least he didn't actually have herpes and give it to you.

Comments

i think his attitude is more dangerous and sickly than the herpes themselves. you deserve better!

He's too much of a coward to break up with you! Trust me, you're better off without him!

JMichael 25

I wanna know why the hell someone would lie about having herpes? That's not something to lie about.

Maybe he didn't lie. Cold sores, chicken pox, and shingles are all forms of the herpes virus. He could just be both highly technical and a coward. He is definitely a coward though.

Well at least he didn't actually have herpes and give it to you.

MzZombicidal 36

That's awful, OP! At least you lucked out by not getting herpes and by that jerk not being in your life anymore. If they can't be honest with you, they're not worth another minute of your time.

This FML lacks some serious info. I'm not sure if you slept with him, protected or unprotected?! Get to the dr and get yourself checked out. I hope you're ok op and you're clearly better off without him as that's not a cool thing to lie about.

I think OP means the boyfriend said he had herpes, using that as an excuse to break up with her. He doesn't actually have herpes. That's how I interpreted it anyways.

Opps...this will teach me to try to read an fml without my glasses. Thank you :-)

I'm pretty sure it could go both ways as in the boyfriend had herpes, so he used it as an excuse to dump OP, or the boyfriend lied about having herpes to use as an excuse to dump OP.

I almost thought that he actually did have herpes and was attempting to act as if she was the one who gave it to him while knowing he got it from someone else.

At least Op hopes the boyfriend was lying. Unless you know for a fact that he doesn't have herpes, I think you should go get checked out. Don't rely on the fact that you have never seen herpes on him as proof that he is lying. Either way, get checked to be absolutely sure!

you can't be too sure of that, he could have been sleeping around behind her back and got herpes. the fact that he could use it as an "excuse" to dump her might also mean he has been wanting to end it for a awhile. if I were the OP I'd get tested before spreading it more

I shudder to think what the truth is if having herpes is preferable.

Liars are not good companions. You're better off without him.

I dunno, I'd love to be a trophy husband for a powerful female politician.

"Liars are not good companions." Except the Doctor.

That sucks, but you're better off without him if he can't tell you the truth.

Well, you no longer have a dumb boyfriend nor do you have herpes. It's a win all around.

Well you wouldn't want to date him anyways, Herpes or no Herpes, if he acts that way.

Well it's herpes...so RUN away from him!

Kyle1dc 17

dude you might wanna read it again...

im also invloved in the failure of this comment...........