Time to run

By Anonymous - 13/03/2012 06:21 - Canada

Today, while I was looking for an apartment for my boyfriend and myself, he asked me how would I feel about his mom moving in together with us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 384
You deserved it 2 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MissHayleyJames 7

That's when you say "I wouldn't be comfortable with that but she's always welcome to come visit".

a_lenzmeier 11

Remind him that his mom living with you guys means no random blow jobs in the kitchen. That should set him straight.

Comments

RedPillSucks 31

@17. That's when you respond "cumming right up"

Your FML should have read, "Today, as I was looking for an apartment for my boyfriend and me..." Bad grammar - just another reason for you to say, "FML."

Your life must REALLY suck. FML for resorting to correcting grammer on FML!

desireev 17

Actually, if you want to get technical about it, it's supposed to read 'Today, as I was looking for an apartment for me and my boyfriend...' The only time you put yourself last, in a sentence, is when you use 'I'. As in 'Today, my boyfriend and I were looking for an apartment...'. But for this specific sentence, it should read '...for me and my boyfriend...'. Not '...for my boyfriend and me...'.

RE to 70. Several grammar websites list "...someone and me..." when giving examples of correct grammar. The I vs me is simply a matter of subject vs object. What rule is being broken by saying "...my boyfriend and me..."?

desireev 17

After reading your comment, I had to investigate to make sure that I'm not in the wrong.(Keeping myself from looking silly.) In 'Basic Grammar for Dummies', it says that I am correct. When using 'me' in a sentence with someone else, 'me' comes first. I had to verify my source, so I also looked on 'Grammar101', 'Basic Grammar', and 'Back to Grade School'. I stand by my first comment.

Who the **** really cares? It's FML, not eighty english.......

Actually guys, it would be "Today, my boyfriend and I were looking for an apartment to share." Or, "Today, as I was looking for an apartment for myself and my boyfriend to share..."

Takuya272727 16

#43, it's grammar, not grammer. Not hard to learn...

I give my left nut to move back home have my mom cook and clean for me again that was the best years of my life not a worry in the world

you-Oh yeah! Yeah baby!!!!! Mum-Im trying to watch TV herre god damnit!! you-I told ya it would be weird. Mum-Whats the code to the adult channels!!!!! boyfriend-my birth date! mum-when the hell were you born!? you-I'll be right back boyfriend-where are you going? you-Im gonna tell that bitch to MOVE THE HELL OUT BEFORE I SHOOT HER HEAD OFF! boyfriend-why? you-shes interupting our sex! boyfriend-seems legit!

jazminadaire 2

I don't know if I'd stay with him any more. He needs to cut the cord!

a_lenzmeier 11

Failing. Everyone know sex is best when it's done at random anywhere other than the bedroom. I'm just saying.

Oh god my mother in law has been staying with us for 2 months.. It's a living hell!!! She reorganized my underwear drawer by color style and all.. DONT LIVE WITH INLAWS!!

Why was your MIL in your underwear drawer?!?