Time to run

By Anonymous - 13/03/2012 06:21 - Canada

Today, while I was looking for an apartment for my boyfriend and myself, he asked me how would I feel about his mom moving in together with us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 384
You deserved it 2 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MissHayleyJames 7

That's when you say "I wouldn't be comfortable with that but she's always welcome to come visit".

a_lenzmeier 11

Remind him that his mom living with you guys means no random blow jobs in the kitchen. That should set him straight.

Comments

What puzzles me is one day you will be at the same position your son will kick you out because his new girlfriend doesn't like the mother in law, so maybe if you take care of your mother-in-law then good karma will help you.

HonestWalnut 3

Im sorry but thats just silly

It sounds silly to you to take care of a woman at her old age who took care of you for major part of your life, she sacrificed you don't know how much to give you all she could, and it sounds silly to you to take care of her at her time of need, that is just sorry

110, do you speak from experience or from child like ignorance? Just wondering, because karma or not.....it's STILL a very bad idea & your argument is void & without facts, proof or truth to back it up. Op isn't kicking the mother-in-law out (the bf's mother) the bf is asking OP to let her move in (she already has her own place)...so, if OP doesn't want/let MIL move in then there's no reason to have to kick her out...thus no bad karma & her future child would not be kicking OP out later in life.

But it's not her time of need, and the OP and her boyfriend are not kicking out said boyfriend's mother. You're starting to sound like you're just a bitchy, clingy mom.

lovesthebeach 0

DONT do it . IF you love your boyfriend and want to stay together dont do it . I let my father in law move in and it has almost ruined my marriage more than once . He has lived with up for 17 years now .

I wouldn't mind I mean if she isn't a bitch but if she is oh she can visit ONCE A WEEK! :D

zebralover23 14
rdsknsfan12 6

It would be a terrible idea. My in laws live with me and my husband. They cause a lot of problems between the two of us!

OP - He's planning to leave you. Having his mother in the house means he'll be able to keep paying the rent when he breaks it off.

I know how you feel. I had to move in with my boyfriend, and my boyfriend's freakin' brain-damaged dad who complains and swears like no tomorrow when he doesn't understand something. Which is EVERYTHING.

crabbybill 0

Try having a mother I law living with you after you have been married 30 years because she gave her drug addict son three quarters of a million dollars of her husbands money without him knowing . There is more but I digress.