The strangeness of strangers

By zomg - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Port Saint Lucie

Today, while at work as a cashier, I tried to be sweet and ID an elderly man buying a bottle of wine. He responded by calling me a "blind-ass bitch" and calling my manager for "harassing" him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 899
You deserved it 29 716

Top comments

bbedlock_fml 7

Some people just need to learn to take compliments once in a while...

user324234324 1

I think you'd get a better result if you did that to an old lady

Comments

shizzathon 5

that is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. its not sweet, its patronizing and making a mockery of his age. you totally, totally deserved it.

klovemachine 24

I really don't understand how that's supposed to be sweet though Ôo

It's not always about "looking old enough." It doesn't matter if they are 80 years old, if the id is expired and asked for (in wa) they can be denied.

"tried to be sweet and ID" him? How can IDing someone be sweet? Maybe that's what pissed him off.

By IDing him, she tried to be sweet and let him know that he was NOT that old. Like, I know you can barely walk, but lets laugh about it saying you too young to buy alcool.

You should never EVER mess around with an alcoolic! (He had a bottle in his hand! You lucky he used his mouth. lol)

You only do that for women hitting turn over ages of 30 or 40.

firefighterjohn 9

Since I moved to fl I have learned to avoid old people and not joke with them when I do have to interact. I don't know what it is about the weather here, but it drains them of any sense of humor.

Don't worry about it OP. As a cashier, you reserve the right to ID anyone, at any time, for any reason while he or she is attempting to purchase tobacco or alcohol products. Your manager and corporate office will tell him that, too.