The cost of living crisis

By Noname - 12/03/2009 00:09 - United States

Today, I was studying for a final when I noticed that all I had was a blue highlighter. I decided to drive to the store to get a yellow one. On the way there, I got $200 worth of traffic tickets for not stopping at a stop sign. I basically spent $200 because I prefer yellow highlighters over blue ones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 512
You deserved it 110 188

Same thing different taste

Top comments

af_fml 0

That is a ****** up idea of causality. You got a ticket because you failed to obey the law, the highlighters had nothing to do with it.

You probably should have obeyed Traffic laws than worry about petty things. You could have hurt someone.

Comments

You shouldn't even have drivers license! You failed to stop at 2!!! Stop signs. How did you get your license in a first place? The test didn't involve any road signs?

adelaide_evening 0

$200 is pretty steep for not stopping at a stop light. If this is true, it seems like you did some other things you tactfully omitted.

no, you got $200 tickets because you prefer to make your own laws

Wildcard 0

not only is it a giant red sign, it says STOP you definitely deserved this one its people like you that cause accidents and kill innocent people learn to drive, asshole

#16 What difference does it make if there was no other car on the road? You still have to stop at a stop sign regardless. And OP, I feel bad for you that you have to pay such a hefty fine, but perhaps next time when you see a giant red sign that says STOP, you'll actually stop.

rebboy_2008 0

Okay... maybe I'm just missing the point, but I think you deserved that simply because you thought it would be a good idea to: 1) stop studying 2) get into your car 3) waste gas 4) go to the store just to buy a highlighter 5) run a stop sign instead of just using the damn blue highlighter. Wow... and you're probably gonna fail your next test too because you'll be in court for the ticket. Hope it was worth it.

i don't believe in getting any sort of driving-related-ticket you don't deserve. your fault. nothing f'ed up about that. and haha at #5. so true.

RHK_fml 0

Highlighters = 1 You = 0. How does that make you feel? I'd feel like a drain on society. Maybe that's just me.

CaptainObvious_fml 0

Nice, running that light MIGHT have been the problem, you brought this upon yourself