The cost of living crisis

By Noname - 12/03/2009 00:09 - United States

Today, I was studying for a final when I noticed that all I had was a blue highlighter. I decided to drive to the store to get a yellow one. On the way there, I got $200 worth of traffic tickets for not stopping at a stop sign. I basically spent $200 because I prefer yellow highlighters over blue ones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 512
You deserved it 110 188

Same thing different taste

Top comments

af_fml 0

That is a ****** up idea of causality. You got a ticket because you failed to obey the law, the highlighters had nothing to do with it.

You probably should have obeyed Traffic laws than worry about petty things. You could have hurt someone.

Comments

NO. you got that because you didn't stopped.

jackson7787 0

WTF, why do people who break the law think it's f their life? You're an idiot for not stopping. This one is well deserved.

LittleMissMack 0

#10 made me LOL I agree with everyone else though, it is YOUR fault not the highlighters. Soooo if the store had no highlighters, who would be responsible then? Surely not you, by your logic. I am interested to know who would be though.

HAHaAHHAHAHAHHA stupid bitch stop next time

@24: According to the OP's self-victimizing "interpretation" of causality, the store wouldn't have yellow highlighters because s/he needed them for the test.

The only way the yellow highlighter caused you to get a ticket is if it tied you up, shoved you in the trunk, and then took your car for a joyride. I'm going to assume it didn't. Next time maybe you'll stop at stop signs.

LittleMissMack 0
jackmode9316 0

You paid $200 because you drive like a jackass.

hockeyplaya 0

A) it doesnt matter where you were going or what you why if you run a stop sign when a cop is insight. not really a FML imo. B) $200 for running a stop sign? i doubt it. C) thats why you always obey the law.

go_rangers 0

why were you studying for a final in the middle of march? and if a cop is there to ticket you... the road definitely wasn't empty. yeah, it sucks, but it's not like you didn't play a role in the situation.