Thanks, I hate it

By Anonymous - 05/08/2009 02:34 - United States

Today, I received a $250 ticket when I parked my car, that has the disabled placard, in a handicapped spot at a Wal-Mart. The officer said she watched me get out of the car and walk to store without appearing to be disabled. I'm 59 years old, have a steel rod in my spine and a prosthetic hip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 294
You deserved it 3 345

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who is it for her to decide if you're disabled or not? Wow. I hate people like that. Of course not all handicaps are always going to be noticeable.

Conkers 0

I'm pretty sure you can definately appeal against that. People with mental disabilities can get the cards and you cannot physically look at them to see if they're disabled.

Comments

touchmeteaseme 0

how do you not know what the word anonymous means?!

_THE_MASTER_ 0

the real question...are you really 20 or are you really stupid? for real? are you making a joke here or are you serious? go DIAF...please...i can't deal with stupid people anymore

SO WHAT? You want a medal or something? Sorry everyone can't be like them. :/

visage 0

That happened to my father. There are lawyers who would take a case like this for free, for the publicity. His did, and he I'd $800k richer thanks to a cop who thought he was also a doctor.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
twiztidfox 0

did you not notice OP also has a steel rod in their spine? there's a differance between a broken hip and a broken hip with a destroyed spine. your in fact the asshole dear

Pay the fine, you ******* cheat! The steel rod and the hip replacement fixed you, so you should have relinquished your placard. I resent the whole handicapped spot thing just because of self-pitying, unethical bastards like you. The standard for those prime parking spots should be severe, obvious and CURRENT disability. You got the tag when you were indeed disabled, but once you can walk normally, you were no better than the lying, cheating scumbags who pay off some quack doctor to issue a placard to a healthy person.

greenfairy_fml 0

you know her actions were illegal, right? Cops (or anyone else) are not allowed to question you or ticket you for parking in a handicapped spot if you have a state issued plate/pass. My friend has a serious heart condition, which you would never be able to tell by looking at her, she looks like a healthy girl in her early 20s, and always gets crap for parking in handicap spaces even though she has the plates. You can sue that cop. And #43, you're an asshole.

A lot of people who get replacement hips and knees say they feel much better than they did with the original equipment, particularly in the years before the surgery. My glasses "fix" my imperfect vision. Glasses are just prosthetic lens you sit on your nose. So, yeah, in some cases, prosthetics "fix" you. Leave the goddam spaces for those who have REAL problems.

Plexico is seriously a troll and an asshole, it's unbearable, so much hypocrisy.

russianspy1234 11

and people like you could probably get one based on low IQ. if anything disabled people who can walk need the spot more, because people in wheelchairs exert less effort to get somewhere. and oh yeah, did you ever stop to think that there is a difference between being able to walk normally, and not being able to walk more than a few steps without severe pain?

Asshole, maybe, but not a troll. ;) Love ya!

Sonfang 19

Not all cases and compaing glasses to "fixing a person" is like saying I got punched I know what it feels like to be run over. And in some cases they make things alot worse... Sad but true.

this sounds fake. officers know that many disabilities are not always immediately obvious. if it's not a fake, then just fight the ticket. it'd be easy to win and the officer probably won't show up anyway.

#43, did you really just say that??? You think prosthetics "fix" people??? Go slap yourself in the face dumbass. That's like saying that since I have arthritis, but, oh, I'm taking my meds, so I'm alllll better! Idiot.

fallen_dragonkin 12

i think that is something you could definitely appeal against. he is not your doctor to be the judge of your physical state and this is just not on. don't let the guy get away with it, appeal and send official complaint.

xkillswitch 0

People should stop saying this is made up, I live in Central Florida, and I saw this on the news last night. http://www.wftv.com/news/20282036/detail.html I immediately recognized his story, lol.