Thanks, I hate it

By Anonymous - 05/08/2009 02:34 - United States

Today, I received a $250 ticket when I parked my car, that has the disabled placard, in a handicapped spot at a Wal-Mart. The officer said she watched me get out of the car and walk to store without appearing to be disabled. I'm 59 years old, have a steel rod in my spine and a prosthetic hip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 294
You deserved it 3 345

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who is it for her to decide if you're disabled or not? Wow. I hate people like that. Of course not all handicaps are always going to be noticeable.

Conkers 0

I'm pretty sure you can definately appeal against that. People with mental disabilities can get the cards and you cannot physically look at them to see if they're disabled.

Comments

mamaof2 0

First of all the cop can't write you a ticket for that. At least not where I am from. My dad has been a cop for 19 years. If your Dr gave you the form for the sticker and you got it filled out and received one then they can not give you a ticket. I would totally take that to court.

uh YDI for being 59 and using this site

Good go man your 59 what the hell are you doing on the internet!

redhead12 0

If you can walk normally, you don't deserve the placard. My little brother is severely mentally and physically disabled (he can barely walk) and yet we can rarely get a handicapped parking spot, because people like you abuse the privilege. Go **** yourself.

redhead12 0

If you can walk normally, you don't deserve the placard. My little brother is severely mentally and physically handicapped (he can only walk 20-30 feet at a time), and yet we rarely get handicapped parking spots, because people like you abuse the privilege. I'm sorry you have a prosthetic hip -- I'm sure that's quite painful -- but you could have it a lot worse! Get over yourself.

russianspy1234 11

If I didn't see the news story link, I would have called fake. This really isn't supposed to happen. If a cop is suspicious that a person is using the card when they aren't supposed to, they ask to see the registration paper (which you are supposed to have with you) and ID.

Bitch!! I know the feeling, I also have a disability placard for a reason not easily noticed, yet I really do need it. I hate cops now.

doicha27 0

Like N.W.A, this is what I say: **** THA POLICE!!!!!

honeyishrnkdakid 2

That sucks but its no big deal, just go to court, show your placard- it'll have the dates for which its valid- and show your documentation backing up why you have it (and you might not even need that to be honest). It just sucks that you'll have to be inconvenienced by having to go to court. FYL.

You should really fight it. My best friend's mom had a heart disease and had a disabled placard when she was in her early forties. She looked fine, but she needed that placard so she wouldn't hurt herself by walking too far. People who make judgements like that have no place on the police force.