Thanks for your service

By really - 19/02/2013 15:27 - United States - Knoxville

Today, I was at a club when a notoriously desperate and disgusting guy asked me to grind with him. Hoping for some backup, I coolly said, "You'll have to ask my boyfriend." My boyfriend's response? "Yeah, man, I don't care." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 702
You deserved it 8 531

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it really that hard to say, "Sorry, but no thank you"?

Comments

perdix 29

Since you had to even ask about grinding with a disgusting guy, your stock dropped with your boyfriend. You may not recover and soon the disgusting guy will be your only viable option.

And, has your boyfriend figured out why he has to sleep on the couch tonight?

If you're serious, you sound like a horrible partner.

Perhaps grow a backbone and tell the guy "no" yourself, rather than try to hide behind your boyfriend.

We have a special word for occasions like this. That word is no.

senor_awesome 14

I can't stand this anymore. It's "could have" or "could've". Sorry.

unknown_user5566 26

I can't imagine my significant other saying "Yeah, I don't care" in a situation like this. Why the hell does your boyfriend not care about another dude rubbing his junk all over your lady parts? Aside from the fact that you need to be more assertive in these situations, my biggest concern is the BF. Sheesh.

unknown_user5566 26

20- Well I figured the boyfriend isn't fully invested (or he may have been really drunk- who knows?) but it just seems weird for a guy to be completely cool with that. I don't think it would've been perceived as "controlling" if he said no, because after all, the standard social norm is that if you're with someone you don't grind against someone else (right?). Then again, maybe they're swingers or something similar. If so, more power to 'em. I just found it odd, that's all. :)

perdix 29

#16, I think the boyfriend was mad that the OP tried to manipulate his instinct to be jealous and protective. It seems that she was just trying to stir up a confrontation between the two guys for her own ego boost and she got hoisted on her own petard.

I honestly wouldn't care if my wife of 10 years asked me to do this. I'd say yes. "Your clothes are staying on? Yeah, do what you want." I don't own her. Sure, sex would be a no no, but something in a public place? Have fun.

RedPillSucks 31

Sometimes a dance is just a dance. He might not have felt there was a "threat" to his manhood at all. She, on the other hand, should have stepped up and said "no" if she didn't want to dance. She's acting like property.

"Grinding" is just a normal, casual way of dancing in some circles. Or the guy may not have specifically asked her to grind with him, but simply asked her to dance, and OP is just exaggerating the situation. In any case, my guess is that the boyfriend assumed that OP would have simply said, "No," if she hadn't wanted to dance, so, not wanting to be controlling and get in the way of what he probably saw as harmless fun, he said he didn't care.

Plus, the boyfriend would have probably been a lot more likely to back OP up if she had made it clear that she didn't want to dance with that guy.

@#16 - My boyfriend would never answer "No" for me. He trusts me and he doesn't care if I go and dance with someone else; this is the social norm here and almost all of the healthy adult couples I know abide by it. That doesn't make the majority of us swingers. My boyfriend would probably make a similar response; he would be unimpressed that I made him look like my keeper.

A dance is a dance; if I feel the request is inappropriate, or I simply don't want to dance, I'm more than capable of saying no. If he won't take no for an answer, I can chase him off myself, as can any other woman I know. We weren't born in romantic relationships.

spethrocks22 2

YDI for not saying no yourself. Granted that's not response most BFs would give, but you still deserve it for making assumptions. If you want something done right do it yourself...

CookieLovesBoo 16

Go to YouTube and look up Jenna marbles lol ( the face she does to make people leave her alone!) haha

Maybe your BF just trust you not to leave with some guy after you grind your ass on him. Or maybe there was a girl he wanted to dance with.

iGottaFindBubbah 12

Your boyfriend sounds like a jerk. I don't get why you couldn't handle it yourself tho by simply saying No thanks, I'm good.