Thanks for your service

By really - 19/02/2013 15:27 - United States - Knoxville

Today, I was at a club when a notoriously desperate and disgusting guy asked me to grind with him. Hoping for some backup, I coolly said, "You'll have to ask my boyfriend." My boyfriend's response? "Yeah, man, I don't care." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 702
You deserved it 8 531

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it really that hard to say, "Sorry, but no thank you"?

Comments

Narcisse_fml 25

Your boyfriend won't be with you everywhere you go. You totally deserved it for not speaking up for yourself. A simple, "No, thank you." probably would've sufficed.

I would have just said, "no thanks, I'm actually here with my boyfriend." Why make it so difficult?

Why were you even at the club with your boyfriend? Of course people are going to ask you to grind on them. That is basically the point of clubbing. It's not exactly an activity for couples. YDI for not telling him no yourself.

Michael_92 20

So let me get this straight. If I had a gf and we wanted to go to the club with some friends for dancing and a good time we couldn't because we're a couple...that makes no sense.

dontpanic_fml 32

Sometimes no matter now long I think about it, I can't begin to understand how some people's minds come to certain conclusions. This is one of those times.

My boyfriend and I go clubbing all the time because I like dancing and drinking. THAT is what clubbing is for. My boyfriend goes with me because neither one of us wants me to dance and drink with someone else.

I see this kind of comment now and then on FML but it never ceases to amaze me - "clubbing is not an activity for couples." Right, coz all couples always want to be alone, play music really soft or not at all, and drink milk?

What would you have said if your boyfriend wasn't there? You don't need him to speak for your relationship if you can do that yourself. YDI.

You tested the waters and got your toes burned. Why ask? If the answer is no, then it's no. You don't need your boyfriend to "back you up." I think you need to do some apologizing to your boyfirend and then go scrub your lady parts with borax and bleach

sammyjanette 17

Just saying no usually comes with a "Why?" "I didn't want you anyway bitch" or any other host of things. Maybe that's why OP didn't just say no.

Is it that hard to respond to any of that? And if all else failed, that's what bouncers are for.

You coolly said to ask your boyfriend? How does one coolly say something?