Thanks for the memories

By thankspal - 24/06/2012 10:57 - United States

Today, while shopping, I bumped into a guy I knew in high school. He went on about he heard I'd got married, looked like I'd had a baby, and that, "she looks just like you!" The kid was my niece, and my husband broke up with me 2 years ago. Thanks for bringing that up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 575
You deserved it 5 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try to move on.... He wasn't TRYING to hurt you.

rachelongaku 9

Ydi for being so sensitive about it. He was trying to be nice to you and start a conversation.

Comments

AwfullyniceBS 7

How can your husband "break up" with you? He either divorced you or left you. Thank goodness you guys didn't have children. OP is a moron, I'm sure her husband was too. No smart guy would marry a dumb woman.

Rocky007 15

Honest mistake. It's not all about you.

That's why you don't meet with those guys from high school. You'll be forced to recap your entire life and might end up realizing that you're a failure.

lowie89 7

You don't break up with someone when you're married. You get DIVORCED..

He was trying to be friendly! Jesus. Yes, it sucks you are no longer married, but it's been two -years- since then, and the guy you were talking to had no idea. Time to grow up and move on...sounds like your bitterness is turning you into a bitch. This is not an FML--the guy had no idea. The FML here is "My husband divorced me and now I am filled with bitterness. FML". Maybe your husband was a dick, and it's his fault you're bitter, but either way, you are in control of it now and you have to be the one to end the cycle. After two years, it's time to move on, or you'll waste your life pining over it.

etoilenuit 15

I don't think she was mad at HIM for saying that. Rather, mad at her situation. And because of what she doesn't have (that he brought up) this was a fml

He didn't know he probably hasn't seen you in years.

how was he to know? what... you never posted it on-line anywhere? hehe