By Anonymous - 24/06/2012 11:38 - Italy

Today, it was my boyfriend's grandfather's funeral and visitation. These things make me nervous, and not thinking, I made comments that included the words "killing", "dying", and "death". I'm a rubbish support system. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 936
You deserved it 7 499

Same thing different taste

Top comments

UnprecendentedAw 0

Sometimes it's better not to say anything. Perhaps you should have been a shoulder to cry on instead of a failed Hallmark sympathy card.

Well, you can't spell funeral without fun!

Comments

When your nervous anything can come out of your mouth.

Exactly. See, I'm a little on edge now, and- OH DEAR LORD I JUST PUKED UP A LIVE CHICKEN.

CaramelMacchiato 13

but OP clearly stated that those kind of events make her nervous. . .

I was referring to anything coming out of your mouth when you're nervous, but I guess that doesn't include poultry. What about mythological- nah, forget it.

xoconnie 8

54, please do us all a favor... stop trying to explain yourself because u make no sense.

It made perfect sense, what's wrong with you?

mylifesucks_fml 1
UnprecendentedAw 0

Sometimes it's better not to say anything. Perhaps you should have been a shoulder to cry on instead of a failed Hallmark sympathy card.

22cute 17

Geez, Op, I feel for you, but you are in a bad way. I do understand. Here's what you must do: 1. Learn a few key phrases: "I'm so sorry for your loss." "this must be so hard for you." "if there's anything I can do just say it." 2. Use the above phrases liberally. Say NOTHING else. 3. To ensure you say nothing else, focus on getting others to talk. Ask your BF (or any of the family) to tell you more about the deceased. "What was he like?" "what do you remember best about him?" "I wish I had known him better, tell me about him." That's all! Then just sit and say nothing the rest of the time. Also practice the "wistful and sympathetic half smile" be neither too solemn nor too bright. You will be wonderfully supportive! And don't worry about being honest or sincere. This is a time when a little acting and going through the motions is just right. It's not about you- so no one cares how you really feel.

forthelove82 7

Well, you can't spell funeral without fun!

You also can't say happiness with out saying penis

F is for friends who do stuff together! U is for u and meeeee! N is for n ytime and anytime at all down here where dead people sing...

12- actually, it's: F is for friends that DO IT together. U is for u and me. N is for anytime anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea :)

^ For some reason, I find that song dirty. Or I'm dirty. Either which way, at this point in time I'm pretty certain 24/7 that this sounds wrong.

14- I actaully think 12 had it right the first time.

Bonzer 2

And you can't spell slaughter without laughter.

dankpotatoes 2

It's F is for friends that do stuff together U is for you and me N is for anywhere anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea(:

And you can't say welcome without cum haha

15- it's supposed to sound dirty :))

#25 - Then Spongebob has tricked me. Oh the betrayal!

28- I think plankton had something to do with this! _|_|_ | ( •) | | __ |/ |____|

CaramelMacchiato 13

Plankton: F is for FIRE that BURNS DOWN THE WHOLE TOWN, U is for URANIUM! N is for NO survivors when you -- Spongebob: PLANKTON!

CaramelMacchiato 13

Whoops. It's been a while since I've watched Spongebob, so all I can hold onto for the lyrics are my memories :(

40- yeah, same. But I'll always be a spongebob lover til the end ;)

I love how everyone recites spongebob songs

SystemofaBlink41 27

10- oh god.... You ruined one of the few wholesome words for me...

TheVelocirabbit 10

It's actually, "do stuff together." Not to sound like a badarse, but I have the Spongebob Squarepants CD.

It isn't your fault don't worry about it. Everyone gets nervous

22cute 17

Yeah, no one really knows how to handle death. It makes everyone awkward. That's why a good formula is called for. (see my earlier comment @#2)

French_Toast_fml 3

That must have been killing him.

7! This is a sad occasion, we've got to be deadly serious about the situation.

flockz 19

wow you two. just give it up and kick in the can already.

But I've got more that I'm absolutely dying to share!

French_Toast_fml 3

No, 46 is right. We need to kill it with these jokes.

TheVelocirabbit 10

Yeah, I'm deathly afraid of them!

Someone needs to learn what the word "decorum" means.

Best to keep to the drinks and condiments. I bet you got death stares from everyone in the place.

Unless you wanna end up like OP's son from an earlier FML :P

Some people just don't react well in these situations. I'm always nervous at funerals.