By WasFeelingGood - 27/10/2009 13:32 - United States

Today, I received the newspaper from my hometown. My ex-husband's wedding announcement and picture were on the front page. His new wife has the same first name as me. All my Facebook friends from high school commented on how much weight I've lost and how good I look in my wedding photo. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 646
You deserved it 3 550

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ouch ... that's gonna hurt . & your so-called "friends" can't even recognize you , when they see a picture ?

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Perhaps her friends saw the picture in the paper, then facebooked her to tell her she looked nice? It's not unheard of.

If you made your guy a sandwich, this wouldnt of happend YDI

the_stereotype 0

#18, it could be on the front page of a particular section if you live in a small town. and then people posted stuff on her wall on facebook regarding her picture.

So you're telling me that people who haven't cared enough to catch up with her since high school are going to see the picture in the paper then go all the way to her facebook and comment on her wall? And multiple people? That doesn't happen in the real world. What happens is people see picture on facebook, they comment on it. Besides, she says they're "commenting on ______", meaning commenting on the photo, she would have specified if they were writing on her wall.

Mayebe NOT IN YOUR world. Just because you were a high school loser doesnt mean everyone else was.

dudeitsdanny 9

"Commented on" CAN mean the same as "made a comment about" or "remarked on" "All my Facebook friends from high school MADE A COMMENT ABOUT/REMARKED ON how much weight I've lost and how good I look in my wedding photo. FML" When people write on MY facebook wall, I don't call it such. I call it a comment. Why? I'm more used to myspace and other sites that call these things comments.

You must be able to think of something better than "ouch"!

ouch ... that's gonna hurt . & your so-called "friends" can't even recognize you , when they see a picture ?

litt usannsynlig men uflaks.... How do you say it in English? A small bit unlikely but bad luck?

I had a hamster once. He died while sleeping. It was a sad experience :(

americayay 0

That does suck. But maybe you should delete sad friends since they clearly don't know you that well.

But if they were friends from high school and they'd all gone seperate ways, it could be years since they had seen each other, and people can change alot in like 5 years. Still sucks though

perdix 29

Did you show them the "before" picture, aka, you right now -- fat, ugly and hopelessly single?

Wow, some friends they are =_= unless they're those friends from hs that you haven't seen since. But still. From facebook? You'd think they'd know what you look like =.= Forget about them, they obviously don't care enough or know enough to be your friends.

grinchgirl 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

First name, not last name. Think a little before you post.