Thanks dad

By Anonymous - 12/01/2022 01:59

Today, I found out that my dad left his entire estate to charity in his will, including his house. He knew I needed that house to get my kids back, because I’m currently homeless and my kids are in care until I can prove I have a suitable place for us to live. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 137
You deserved it 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your dad had every right to do that. I'm sorry for your kids for being in care. It would have been nice if your dad had left the house for kids.

xxWTFxx1981 23

I would take that as a hint that your father didn't believe you should have kids in your care. FYL. however you can always prove him wrong get a job get back on your feet and get your kids back.

Comments

Ironically, the charity supports children whose parents are lazy bums.

Right. Because it's not like there's been a pandemic going on for a couple years that sent unemployment soaring up to 20%. The only reason anyone would ever end up being unemployed or homeless is laziness, not at all the cluster-****** shambles that you call "working conditions" in the US.

You forgot drug addicted and mentally ill.

Your dad had every right to do that. I'm sorry for your kids for being in care. It would have been nice if your dad had left the house for kids.

while I agree with what I think is the underlying point here of providing for one's self, the fathers main priority should be his family. give all the money away, all the stuff in the house sure. but with housing markets the way they are in many places and the pandemic screwing a lot of people, including bankrupting many hardworking people... that house should have gone to the son or another relative. I live in an area where rent for a 1 bdr is upwards of $1500 + utilities. to get cheaper means driving an hour or more to a small town, but risking no jobs there, let alone enough to house children as well. maybe it's just the working poor that agree but housing is almost more important than food these days. at least you can hunt food.

xxWTFxx1981 23

I would take that as a hint that your father didn't believe you should have kids in your care. FYL. however you can always prove him wrong get a job get back on your feet and get your kids back.