Thanks but no thanks

By nu_ravers_101 - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went surfing. One of my instructors came up to me and told me that the other, good looking, instructor didn't have a girlfriend. Who then turned around and said, "I do if you are trying to set me up with her." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 003
You deserved it 4 164

Top comments

rawrkira 3

Most people don't look so hot after swimming, it's probably not your fault OP. But either way, he's a douche to say that in front of you.

ArtIsResistance7 1

Knock him over the head with your board. If you hit him hard enough, he might become delusional enough to actually go out with you!

Comments

islandjew247 0

ouch, sounds like time for her to get a makeover 0_o ♥

That's gay. You get by with just "ha" and I can't get by with "haha that sucks. sorry OP."

ToastGurl 0

Butterface or butterbody??? Or both?

jamieeeee 0

how is this an fml? he had a girlfriend so what?

he didn't HAVE a girfriend... He didn't have one but he lied, so the instructor would't hook them up... UNDERSTAND?????

it's funny because he thinks your ugly.

do you always say "it's funny because..."?

So the first instructor thought you were attractive and the second one either didn't think so or just didn't want to be set up.

#13 is referring to the foreign guy from family guy. It's funny because you don't get it. :D

ersa1802 0

hahaa. thats a nice way he put it. :P not that big a deal, it's not the end of the world.

you want some wine with that cheese??! (lol... I wondeeeeer if this is going to start anything...)

supergirl69_fml 0
huggi09 0

well on account it's, you want some cheese with that wine, I don't think so! I'd have to agree. No!

why thank you 32 :) and 27, just in case you got excited about all these replies, the answer's still no.

the OP might not be ugly. they could be pretty but the instructor doesn't want to go out with anyone.

I'm not stupid to not know that... I was asking why is he repeating the SAME thing in every single FML for today. It's funny because YOU don't get it....

#41, I think the whole FML is about op being insulted by the other instructor.... I think that's what the op is trying to say....

No, 41, he doesn't want to go out with HER. She might not be ugly, but he doesn't like her.

wait. you replied. you can have the Internet waffle boy... lol it's ok

Nobody likes to be set up, when they are perfectly able to get dates themselfs..

his balls were probably not big enough to allow it, after shrink so much in the water

KiddNYC1O 20

81- that's smoke over 27's face. I thought what you thought at first lol

MadameJello 0

10 : he didn't have a gf he just said that so the other instructor wouldn't set him up with the OP

sactownsfinest 0
cckkjjcc 0

#64, but in this case he says I do if your trying to set me up with HER. if he just didn't want to be set up with anyone he would have stopped at set me up.

108 = black guy from high school musical 1,2,3 and that skipping movie!!!

BananaSticker 0

Not really an FML. If he's not attracted to you, he's not attracted to you. Did you want him to go along with it and be miserable on a date when he'd rather be at home JUST so he wouldn't hurt your feelings? Here's a sticker to help you only care about the people that care about you. :]

#113 Yes I did read it aswell... I don't know what kind of "set me up/or not" -deal those guys have, but I was just saying generally. If you're capable of getting dates yourself, you don't really want to be set up by your friends.. And I just think in this post, it's fairly obvios that he was messing around. Why would a guy let his friend ask girls out for him, when he is right there! next to them. Makes no sense :)

F3LiCkZ 0

lol he said that to lie to get out of dating her

karmaSUCKS321453 0

no, he said if your trying to set me up with her because I have one now. she took it the wrong way just like therest of you. you FAIL

#50 You're stupid...he said I do IF you are trying to set us up. Basically he didn't want to be set up with her so he was faking

aw, that's too bad. I guess you are gonna have to find someone actually interested in you. :D

ArtIsResistance7 1

Knock him over the head with your board. If you hit him hard enough, he might become delusional enough to actually go out with you!

But if this were reversed and a guy beat a girl over the head for saying that, he's an asshole and goes to jail. Who the **** uprated this? ******* bullshit.

hahaha sucks for you.. that guy is way funny though

rawrkira 3

Most people don't look so hot after swimming, it's probably not your fault OP. But either way, he's a douche to say that in front of you.

Ya but chicks do look hot while surfing. At least the ones who know a little about surfing.

OP, when he said "her," did he emphasize it? he might not have meant to hurt you. i used the EXACT same line before, but it wasn't because i didn't think she was worth it; it was because i didn't like people setting me up with others as if i didn't know how to make my own choices.