Tell us more in the comments

By XRP123 - 11/08/2023 16:00

Today, another typical interaction with my ex-wife, which is always fun. Her: "Thank you for the e-transfer. When do you get back today?" Me: "Drop the kids off after 4." Ex-wife: "Sure. You could treat me with decency instead of acting like a controlling dictator." Eight more years of nonsense. I sure can pick 'em. FML
I agree, your life sucks 307
You deserved it 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

“[polite thanks for what you did for her; common courtesy question, likely so she can plan for something]” “[command with zero concern for what else might be going on in her life]” “hey maybe you shouldn’t be so rude to me.” “GOD what a NAG”

"You're welcome" or, "No problem", "I'll be back by 4, you can bring the kids then." All of these perfectly polite, considerate responses. Sounds like she's the one who's dealing with the nonsense. You talk to her like she's dirt and when she calls you out on it you have zero self-reflection and instead think she's the problem. You are divorced for a reason. Get a mirror, or a therapist.

Comments

you really can't see how ignoring her question to instead give a short simple command isn't rude? I mean she already divorced you she should know this is a losing battle

“[polite thanks for what you did for her; common courtesy question, likely so she can plan for something]” “[command with zero concern for what else might be going on in her life]” “hey maybe you shouldn’t be so rude to me.” “GOD what a NAG”

Where's the "please," mein fuhrer? Dear Leader, you can write plz if you are too lazy to write out please when you command people to do things.

joseph_rod_05 14

you might as well said “Bringen Sie die Kinder nach 4 Uhr ab, und Heil Hi—“

"You're welcome" or, "No problem", "I'll be back by 4, you can bring the kids then." All of these perfectly polite, considerate responses. Sounds like she's the one who's dealing with the nonsense. You talk to her like she's dirt and when she calls you out on it you have zero self-reflection and instead think she's the problem. You are divorced for a reason. Get a mirror, or a therapist.

If you can't see the problem, no wonder she divorced you. Read everyone's comments slowly and carefully.

I'm so proud of your ex wife for making the hard decision to divorce from you rather than being spoken to like that for the rest of her life. Seriously. Would it kill you to be a little courteous with her? Often it's not what you say but how you say it. Remember kids: "Please" and "Thank you" are magic words.

Your ex-wife could not be more wrong. You're not a "controlling dictator", you're a tinpot ********, and you need to rein in the micro(penis)aggressions.

yeah buddy the problem here is you. good on her for leaving your toxic ass. I wouldn't tolerate you speaking to me like this either, wasband

answer the question, and maybe she won’t get pissed off, dumbass. she’s still the mother of your children, so act like it.