By AliKate - 17/08/2019 14:01

Today, my father has finally started to focus on his health to reduce his weight and cholesterol. He has also decided that I'll do it with him. Now, he won't let me eat unless he's there to watch me. He leaves at 7 a.m. and doesn't come home until 9. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 665
You deserved it 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if you're not yet an adult, go to a school consulor. food control on this level counts as child abuse.

TomeDr 24

Your dad has control issues. If he’s agreeable, work out a plan with him about food you CAN eat while he’s gone, premake things that can be stashed in the fridge or cupboard. If you can, buy your own food, bananas and apples - that sort of thing. If you are underage, talk to an adult at school and explain the situation. Ask for help in dealing with him.

Comments

if you're not yet an adult, go to a school consulor. food control on this level counts as child abuse.

I mean, does he remove all food from the house while he's gone? I can understand if you're a child and he made you proper portions for meals during the day, but refusing you food is a no go. Talk to him about shopping together and picking out only healthy foods, tossing out junk in the home. Unfortunately you're at the mercy of the type of food your parents purchase as you must be too young to have a job and purchase your own, but you DO have the right to eat proper meals through the day.

TomeDr 24

Your dad has control issues. If he’s agreeable, work out a plan with him about food you CAN eat while he’s gone, premake things that can be stashed in the fridge or cupboard. If you can, buy your own food, bananas and apples - that sort of thing. If you are underage, talk to an adult at school and explain the situation. Ask for help in dealing with him.

Eat when he’s not there to watch you. Problem solved!

And you don’t think he’ll notice missing food, maybe the bowls and plates in the sink or on the rack?

They’d have to cover their tracks with the bowls and plates, and blame the rats for the missing food.

MidnaLink, then steal money from the dad's wallet while he's not looking and replace said food. Then wash, dry, and put away said bowls and plates back in their original places. Voila! Problem solved! [Seriously, Dude! It's like you're not even trying....] /s

So he notices food missing and dishes messed up? What exactly is he going to do about it? I’ll help you out...nothing cause there’s nothing he can do.

Talk to your friends about it and you will never starve anymore. Prepare yourself for a lot of hard boiled eggs, limp carrots and celery sticks, sweaty cheese, lentil casseroles and mystery meat stews with overcooked vegetables, though. Or you can talk directly to the school nurse.

um if he's not actually there then I'm not really understanding why you don't just go ahead and eat. thats crazy to just sit there and starve. ydi

1. He may have put a lock on the fridge. 2. He'll certainly notice food missing and if he's that controlling there's no telling how he'll react.

Hopefully you can have lunch without him. And there is a difference in what you should have versus what he should have. Talk to a school counselor asap.

Clovis 2

he cant really control you eating when he isnt there. eat what you want. if youre under 18, go to your school councillor and get it nipped in the bud asap

So eat. If he's not there he won't know. That's ridiculous.