Suck up

By Anonymous - 22/08/2015 06:58 - United States - Cadillac

Today, I showed up to my new job early, hoping to impress my new boss. When he arrived, he walked by me and muttered, "Fucking tryhard." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 791
You deserved it 3 416

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's just bitter you'll probably soon replace him.

MrThump 16

Need to think glass half full here.... At least you know your boss isn't going to ask you to come in early to work!

Comments

Yes young man there are no kiss asses at my place of business YOUR FIRED !!!!

I'm just wondering how early were you? If it was 10 minutes, then your boss is a jerk, but earlier than that YDI.

tantanpanda 26

Yea, most bosses don't want to pay you more than the hours they gave you. If OP came in 30 minutes early or something, then the boss is justified in his judgement.

The perfect time is about 7 minutes early. You can make the quarter-hour cutoff and work the 7-minutes "free", but usually beat out almost everyone to their desks. A great investment, and walking the perfect line between a good work ethic and a show off. ;)

This is the time when I'm happy I'm pretty close to my boss. So even when I'm early I don't come to early to work, but just talk to him.

Well, can't say he didn't acknowledge you.

Sounds like something I'd say if I were a boss. Sounds to me like he's not easily impressed OP, that or he hasn't had his morning coffee yet.

You're serious? You'd insult an employee who's trying to impress you by doing good? You'd be a pretty shitty boss...

That's probably why you aren't anyone's boss and quite frankly the reason I hope you don't become one. As a boss, demotivating your employees sets you and your team up for failure. Not to mention its completely rude and uncalled for.

I'd seriously reconsider whom you feel is worthy of impressing.

I think he has played too much COD. When he pisses you off, yell noob tuber!

NineeCat 32

Damned if you do, and damned if you dont.

How did he even move up to be in a leadership role?? Do what you gotta do OP to move up, don't let some miserable hag discourage you. He's probably just jealous that someone lower than him at his job was acting at the level he was supposed to be at.

Your motto: The road to success, Show up early and do your best. Your bosses motto: Come in late and always hate.