Stunlock

By kellie1115 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Rowlesburg

Today, my boyfriend and I were having a serious conversation about our future. Somehow it turned into a 10-minute discussion about what time of day we usually take a crap. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 575
You deserved it 5 890

Top comments

OP - "So I was thinking that we should buy a new place somew..." Boyfriend - "I really need a shit, when do you normally take a shit?" ^ am I on the right track?

Five months from now he will be standing outside the only bathroom waiting for you to finish pooping because he forgot the time you normally go, while you remembered his poop schedule, and then you will appriciate that conversation.

Comments

Why the hell would you dump OP if you were the boyfriend? They were talking about their shit schedule which is a little strange, but that's no reason to dump someone. I swear, people nowadays will break up with people over the dumbest shit. And no, the pun was not intended.

MizzErikaHart 8

Pretty sure it was a play on words. Like he should "dump" her cuz they're talking about talking "dumps." Dumpass

He was just making a pun, but he made the wrong move of picking an overused comment whenever it comes to a relationship to execute it. You can't read an FML about a couple without somebody suggesting a breakup.

12- I read, They were discussing bowel movements, not He was. They should break up because they both contributed to that discussion? I don't agree with that reasoning. I find it's sometimes pretty impressive some of the topics that may come up in a long term relationship with increased comfort levels. You'll go from sneaking out of bed to do your hair/make up so it appears you wake up perfect every morning, to discussing your hemorrhoids while brushing your teeth in the nude right after you had a farting contest. ;) It happens, and sharing the vaguely obscene or the truly weird in a relationship, IS the Good Stuff, where you don't feel like you have to hide any part of who You are, whether it's gross or glamourous. It's just the whole picture. :) So no, I don't think they should break up over that. Instead, it tells me how comfortable they are with each other, and take it as a good sign. IMHO, of course. ;)

You don't get it... He was making a pun! when they take a dump, dump you! Do you get it now?

Wow, it's pretty terrible that this needs to be spelled out to Dracoboxer even after it has already been explained. The comment was being facetious by making a pun with the word dump, not literally suggesting that they should break up. When you know you have trouble understanding things, make sure you read the other comments to see whether some other idiot put their foot in their mouth first.

46- Yes, I saw the pun. It was a bit obvious, even to a simpleton such as myself, but I wanted to half-seriously comment on it anyways. I would have been the first person to comment right under immamonsta but it took me about 15 minutes to type my novel sized lecture on my IPhone, so I ended up posting closer to 4th in line, but didn't feel like re-editing everything I just wrote, so, it appears I'm beating a long dead point already made while looking like a fool. I assure you, I usually understand the Who's and What's of a conversation, most of the time. Can I not comment just for the sake of sharing opinions? :)

If you understand the pun you should also realize that groupleader probably isn't seriously suggesting that they break up; that line of thought was (probably) only used because it allowed him to use his cheesy pun. There isn’t a problem if you want to comment just to share opinions, but it's superfluous, and you enter into the slippery slope of trolling, if you're responding to someone's comment when your response isn't related to the intention of the comment.

70- I said I saw the pun. Whether it was groupleader's intention to use such a pun, I gave that a 50/50 chance. ;) And as far as my comments being superfluous, of course they are. All my comments here are unnecessary and redundant for no one Needs to know my revolutionary thoughts on the brilliant topic of bowel movements. Or someone being screamed at for putting out their mother's flaming shirt. Or any other subject matter that graces this site's pages. This is a discussion site, and I simply like to babble away from time to time. Please don't believe I do it to provoke an angry or frustrated response. I'm only here for the sharing, and the occasional chuckle. ;)

Ok, that's fair enough. I suppose much further comment on the subject puts me in danger of being hypocritical regarding trolling and superfluousness.

illabye 0

Must have been a shitty conversation

manyourlifesucks 0

Hahaha this comment made my day

Y don't u then move the conversation along to what time of the day u get in bed? If you know what I mean ;)

"So what time do you drop a deuce again?" "Right before I get in to bed. You feelin it tonight honey?:)" This is why.

Hey! You guys are comfortable discussing that, so it's a good thing. Maybe you were saying you guys were so close you could tell each other anything and that was the subject he brought up?

AbstruseOne 0

At least he didn't freak out and leave because the topic of commitment was being discussed.

"I totally think we should move in and get marr-..." "babe how long is this gunna take? I usually take a shit about this time of day. oh and if we're going to live together we have to make sure our toilet plans don't clash. when do you shit?"

Totally big bang, room mate agreement esc!

hahaha that's definitely what I was thinking!

You know the saying "those that shit together..."

laurenobrien 4

No, if it really were ADHD, they'd cover sammiches, pigs and pig by-products, Pokémon, iPhones, citrus, towels, and gay rights in 10 minutes.