Student life

By gofixmyhead - 30/08/2011 14:53 - United Kingdom

Today, in the flat I share with four students, I broke our toaster. The night before, they'd successfully managed to toast chicken soup-covered crumpets in it whilst drunk. I tried to toast a teacake, and the whole thing exploded in flames and smoke. Our toaster got taken out by a raisin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 133
You deserved it 3 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

Call for backup. We can not let this sorry excuse for a dried-up grape get away with a crime like this.

I heard the rate of suicide bombing on toatsers are raisin' these days.

Comments

go to london and raid yourself a toaster.

talktomandybaby 8
clementine00 1

it was probably caused by the crap your friends put in there the night before.

well what took it out, a raisin or a teacake? are you sure your not drunk?

monnanon 13

It was the teacake, they have raisens in them

Yes, she could - by living in England. OP is in Glasgow. Glasgow=Scotland. It's entirely possible that OP is an English (or Welsh, or French or...you get the picture) student who's headed north to study, but the chances are good that she's Scottish, not English. The UK is made up of four separate countries/nations: Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England - it's not hard to remember. If you can remember all the States in the USA, you can remember the names of four countries. Can't say I have much sympathy with those crying "I don't get it!" You'd think people had never heard of Google. Her friends were drunk. They poured chicken soup all over crumpets (a griddle cake like a pancake, but nowhere near as sweet) and toasted it. Toaster appeared to have survived the experience. OP went to get breakfast, and put a perfectly normal teacake (again, a cake/bread hybrid similar to a pancake, with raisins in it) into the toaster. That's when the toaster decided to commit suicide. It's an irony thing.

Well most people are morons, and some are closet minded, unfortunately

bfsd42 20

Get a new one. They're cheap. Even by students standards.

It was probably on the verge of dying from having the crumpets in it the night before and you put it right over the edge. Poor toaster :3

I know these words because I read Harry Potter.

To bad these words arent in Harry potter...