Stinky

By mickymoose1 - 19/07/2020 02:02

Today, my dog decided to play with a skunk. Today is also the day I figured out that no matter how much you wash everything that's come in contact with the smell, it will never go away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 341
You deserved it 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Had a roommates dog that actually did that 3 times in just the few months she lived there. Some dogs aren't very bright.

Soak the dog in tomato juice. It’ll help the smell, for everything else, though, no clue.

Comments

tounces7 27

Had a roommates dog that actually did that 3 times in just the few months she lived there. Some dogs aren't very bright.

My dog has been skunked twice. It does go away if you use the right stuff. The best stuff is vodka -- if I drink enough, I don't mind the smell!

Bleach will break down the smelly thiol compounds. Hydrogen peroxide might as well, if it’s concentrated enough. Neither work on the dog, and they may stain, but They should work on the smell.

Natures miracle has a wash that get rid of skunk smell 😁

Soak the dog in tomato juice. It’ll help the smell, for everything else, though, no clue.

Dish soap with a little bit of baking soda does wonders. My dog tries to play with the skunks... good luck!

OH_HappyDays 14

Just had this issue.... Try this. 1 quart 3 percent hydrogen peroxide 1 teaspoon baby shampoo or grease-cutting dish detergent 1/4 cup baking soda Lather this mixture onto your pet’s fur and let it sit for five minutes. Make sure not to get it into their eyes. Then rinse and wash your pet with their regular shampoo. Repeat if necessary. Keep in mind that hydrogen peroxide may lighten your pet’s fur, so don’t leave the lather on for more than five minutes at a time Note: Do not store the leftover mixture in a sealed container or bottle, since there is a risk it could explode. Also, if you don’t have hydrogen peroxide on hand, you can try white vinegar. This worked but had to bathe dog three times :/ The rugs she rubbed on were sprinkled with baking soda and dawn allow to dry and swept up and rinsed with a shampooer. Activated charcoal (like for fish tanks) and cups of vinegar sitting in each room also help. Good luck. I swear I can still smell it and it has been months....

Just did this with mine and it worked well.

we used baking soda and dawn cause we had no peroxide. tomato juice just covers the smell you have to deactivate it. also whenever it gets wet again it reactivates the smell. it took over a month for his breath to get better tho