By shit Music - 30/06/2016 07:32 - Slovenia - Ljubljana

Today, I forgot my headphones at home. When I got to work I found out that today was also the day the band next door had decided to practice their only song for 8 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 555
You deserved it 934

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Noah98 20
okamiyazaki 8

Buy a cheap pair of earbuds to keep at work in case this happens... I started doing that after forgetting mine during loud construction.

Comments

Noah98 20

Wait.. You have an eight hour shift ?! That sucks OP

Full time jobs are usually 9am-5pm...so it would make sense that he had an eight hour shift.

Unless they work for Home Depot like I do, and even our full time employees have 4 hour shifts occasionally.

Well hopefully it's not one of those annoyingly catchy jingles..

if I were you I'd stuff some cotton in my ears as an alternative.

okamiyazaki 8

Buy a cheap pair of earbuds to keep at work in case this happens... I started doing that after forgetting mine during loud construction.

Definitely this. Just run to a convenience store on your break?

Why do you need earphones? Blast your music on your speakers to give em a taste of their own medicine.

I don't think most jobs let employees blast their speakers with their own music at work

Not to mention that after eight hours, the song will be stuck in your head for the next eight days

Practice makes perfect but 8hrs of that Noise is beyond excessive, hope it was at least a good song

Actually, as a violinist, I can say eight hours of rehearsal is necessary sometimes if the group is having trouble with the piece. Though I admire their dedication, they should have sound proofed their rehearsal area with foam. It would've preserved quality, cut reverb, and been less of a nuisance to neighbors.

Maybe ask a coworker who's leaving if you can borrow some or on your lunch break you can run to a gas station or somewhere and buy a cheap pair just to keep there. And who knows maybe they'll surprise you and it'll be a good song or they'll start writing a new one. At worst be grateful it's only one shift! Best of luck!