Static

By jewel87 - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I wore my Ugg boots to work. I forgot that my office is carpeted and that the fur in my boots makes me shock every metal thing I touch. I work with computers all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 932
You deserved it 36 500

Top comments

yakturk43 0
capthavoc123 0

You deserve it for wearing Uggs. There is a very good reason why they are called "Uggs".

Comments

perdix 29

The good news is that UGGs are so pretentiously overpriced that when you get fired for destroying computers, you should be able to sell them on Craigslist for a few bucks. Your social life should improve, too. Most guys don't get boners checking out girls with furry Hobbit feet!

Don't hate on hobbits! :P Plenty of guys think hobbits are sexy.

KurouTenshi 0

@83 Eh, hobbits are allright, and they're definitely fun in bed. But I'm more into the elves--ESPECIALLY the ones with wings ;)

Hasn't everyone had one of those elven fantasies?

Perhaps the static wasn't caused by the Uggs and the carpet, it was caused by the furry insides of the Uggs against her hairy toes? Next, OP will try to post an FML about shaving her Hobbit feet, eh? Seriously though, don't Uggs have rubber soles like any other shoes? Wouldn't it just cause the same amount of static electricity as any other shoes?

Aah_Zombies 0

Defintiely the best post for this topic. No one likes Hobbit feet AND cankles.

it's not your boots, it's how you walk. quit dragging your feet so much and you can save us readers time. lol. dumbass.

it could be the wind outside that is causing static or not using bounty towels when you dry your clothes

KurouTenshi 0

I'll bet everyone just loved your shocking personality!

Monikabug 9

^ win. :) thanks for the laugh.

KurouTenshi 0

Y'know, Monika, you can thank me with kisses ;o Kisses are like money, honey. And I could always use a dollar x) But no, I don't accept credit, sorry.

Monikabug 9

Damn! You sure you can't take credit? :( Hmm.. Wellllll, I guess I will have to resort to thanking you with kisses and hizzugs. :)

KurouTenshi 0

x) Which, by the way Hizzug > Hug Because, apparently, when you add an "izz" in between words (usually after the first or last vowel) the word immediately becomes 10 times better than its original model. Just saying. (and I'm posting from my laptop xD I can edit my typos instead of accepting my horrible mistakes!)

heypeoplezzz 0

OMG #85 UGG BOOTS ARE THE BEST!! Anyways, I wore ugg boots to a meuseum of metel, it hurt lol

arshiasasson 0

its called taking off your shoes before u touch the computer u dumb ****

That's what should happen to everyone who wears Uggs outside of their homes.

Damnit, my post isn't showing! Lets try this again... if it shows twice, my bad! **I think a lightning strike would be more deserving than just a shock**