Whine dad

By Anonymous - 09/01/2022 16:59

Today, whenever I leave my husband alone with the kids, he still refers to it as "babysitting", especially when he’s complaining about it to his brothers as the reason he never has fun anymore. I always assumed dads were parents too, not unpaid babysitters who get to whine about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 614
You deserved it 242

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you don't nip this in the bud soon, your kids are gonna hear it and think their dad doesn't love them. Kick his ass up and down the street if you need to, but he's gonna end up screwing your kids up big time.

You don't have a husband, you have a post-pubescent child.

Comments

Some people will complain at any personal inconvenience regardless of the situation. But having said that - Did your husband want children or was it mostly you who wanted them? If your husband was not in favor of having children then what you see is what you get under the circumstances. It’s very important to discuss expectations about parenting well before having children.

Why can't he be both? Are you suddenly dumping the kids on him, or is there some planning involved? Why can't the kids tag along when he has fun with his brothers? They need to learn about "don't tell Mom" culture.

If you don't nip this in the bud soon, your kids are gonna hear it and think their dad doesn't love them. Kick his ass up and down the street if you need to, but he's gonna end up screwing your kids up big time.

You don't have a husband, you have a post-pubescent child.

Divorce the manchild. Let's hear his tune when he is court mandated to spend every weekend with them on his own.