Sounds reasonable…

By Immaculatedream - 27/07/2013 07:56 - New Zealand

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me after 4 perfectly happy years together. The reason? He had a dream in which his dead former girlfriend from when he was 13 told him she still loved him. He now believes his dead childhood sweetheart is trying to contact him and I'm "in the way of their love." FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 519
You deserved it 4 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

The curse of the number 13 lives on... Better get your rabbit's foot and 4 leaved clovers out.

Poor guy. It seems like her death really affected him. I think he needs to go to grief counseling; it might help him.

Comments

oj101 33

The curse of the number 13 lives on... Better get your rabbit's foot and 4 leaved clovers out.

Does that mean we should lock up all the 13-year-olds and surround them with charms to ward off bad luck? I'm up for it. *looks at the younger members of FML*

ILoveMyArm 15

SUPERSTITION PARTY! In order to enter you must climb a ladder that leads you to the entrance. Be careful though, there are many cracks and we don't enough insurance to pay for all the mothers. If you don't have a rabbit's foot or four leaf clover a horseshoe will suffice. No mirrors or umbrellas allowed, all black cats will be sacrificed during a ritual if brought.

oj101 33

I was demonstrating the boyfriends irrationality by suggesting that OP stoops down to his level by being superstitious. My comment was just a little satirical - not to be taken literally/seriously.

ILoveMyArm 15

My comment was a joke as well, perhaps my sarcasm has become less blunt.

I wasn't joking. *grabs rope and duct tape*

Someone needs to have a serious talk with him like his parents for example. Four years is not something you just throw away and expect everything to be okay.

Trisha_aus 15

There's space in Noor's dungeon.

Not anymore, 74. Perdix has let himself go.

I'm 31..! *looks at everyone with suspicion*

ILoveMyArm 15

That is actually very sad, I guess you are better off without him since he seems to be still attached to his former girlfriend.

Not to sound like a jerk but tha guys pretty original. he's probably gonna have some girl by the next week lol

NagainaFier 16

Like call you a tool? Because FML comments + picture + profile are pointing me in that direction. For all you know, OP's BF could be extremely mentally unstable, and no matter how irrational, that dream and the message could be very real to him. We obviously don't have all the information, but SOMETHING was very wrong in that relationship for him to drop it so quickly and for such an 'original' reason.

Poor guy. It seems like her death really affected him. I think he needs to go to grief counseling; it might help him.

Be thankful the nut job broke it off!!!!

LMFAOwned 9

Be thankful for what? That her long term boyfriend just one day decides to end it because of a dream about an ex? I wouldn't be thankful. I'd be pissed and/or concerned.

Calling him a nut job for losing a loved one and not being able to let go, is like calling a blind person retarded for not being able to read. I lost my boyfriend of 4 years at 19 due to stage 4 cancer. I'm 26 now and still have not gotten over it, counseling or not. Until you're in those shoes, don't pretend to walk in them. It goes a lot deeper than you'll ever want to know.

WhisperSoflty 20

81, your inability to move on is of your own accord. You said so yourself in another comment. I'm getting pretty sick of reading comment after comment of you almost lording your refusal to move on over everyone else. Normal, healthy people do eventually become strong enough to move beyond the loss of a loved one. That's how widows wind up happily remarried. I would hate for you to ever so smugly talk about how you cling to a past love in front of the wife of a soldier killed in combat who is now remarried. There is nothing good or healthy or normal about stubbornly refusing to move on from the loss of a loved one. What the OP's ex did is wrong. End of discussion.

I agree that eventually you will be able to get over a lost loved one, but part of you will still always love them.

Please tell me you don't actually believe him...

Why shouldn't she? Ghosts are always wantin the D, it's a totally believable scenario.

It's more of a FHL instead of yours. Poor guy. Maybe try and be more understanding? He might not have moved on, and we don't know the circumstances of her death. It could have been anything from accidental to murder to even suicide.

He didn't move on after four years...? Uhh, what?

It might not take you not long at all to move on but, as I said, we don't know the circumstances of death, nor how much he loved her. Without knowing those two facts, we won't know the entire story.

Some people never move on. That's sad, but there's nothing wrong with that.

If he want over it he shouldn't have been with her in three first place because it's unfair to her, and furthermore, he died her for a dead girl. WTF? I can't understand how much that must hurt, but she is better off with someone who is completely in love with her and wouldn't rather date a corpse.

#27 you don't just "move on" after someone you love dies. Especially given the circumstances if it was sudden and goodbyes weren't in order. I'll never ever move on from the death of my boyfriend, not because I can't, but because I don't want to. I made a promise to never let him go, maybe OP feels the same.

Hey 79 you make it sound like the guy is a sicko who has sex with dead bodies. You make it look as if it's so black and white. Well you're wrong, the guy misses someone he cared about and you think it's wrong to do that. He never said he didn't love OP it just looks like he had more feelings for the old girlfriend. And lastly I could just barely understand you.

tmmundy 17

# 79 That hurt me trying to read your comment...

If he believes that, then you are better off without him.

olpally 32

Sounds like someone needed a very poor and stupid excuse to get out of another relationship. He's a whack job op. get out now.

I'm inclined to agree. Some people just don't know how to end things with tact.

As comments stated above, how the hell do you know if this guy is lying or not? He could really be hurting.

He's put her through a four year relationship, has a dream about someone who has, more than likely been dead much longer, and breaks up with her because the dead is trying to contact him. There's a difference in hurting and unhealthy behaviour. Wtf is he going to do? Have relations with an underage ghost? Any healthy person would reflect on this dream as their subconscious reminiscing.

Well. I mean, why get in the way OP? It's obviously true love after all