Some things haven't changed

By Jonathan - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Denmark

Today, my mom banned me from watching The Simpsons and Family Guy because apparently, they're part of "the Devil's plan to corrupt God's children." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 502
You deserved it 10 166

Top comments

seraphxchild 3

Just show her the Jesus episode of Family guy, she'll give in.

That's like saying you can't drink anything but holy-water FYL

Comments

I feel for ya OP. When I was younger no Simpsons, Seinfeld or any other shows deemed inappropriate due to religion. Eventually, my mom got sick of enforcing the rules though when we got older and Sunday turned into Simpsons night. Just wait until you're older--you can get away from religion and start watching whatever the hell you want.

I wasn't allowed to watch family guy or the simpsons when I was younger either, but now that I can, Family Guy us one of the dumbest shows ever. The simpsons used to be funny, but it's humour is gone now.

I've always preferred Family Guy to The Simpsons for some reason...

well the reason is that familiy guy is dumber like 66 said.

Family Guy has some really funny moments, some really stupid moments, and some just plain disgusting moments that some people find funny. I enjoy the old episodes of Family Guy but I'm not so fond of these newer ones they have been putting out. The Simpson's used to be really funny but has not gotten to the point of being seriously hit or miss. I think it's just gone on so long that they are running out of things to do with it. American Dad has some amusing moments. The Cleveland Show is just plain moronic in my opinion. It's like Seth MacFarlane just tried to remake Family Guy with a new family.

I love Family Guy. I don't like The Simpsons at all.

It's great that ur mother doesn't want u to waste ur time watching trashy, vapid, look-I'm-so-clever American TV shows. Maybe that way you'll spend that time doing something more valuable, like studying chemistry or accounting.

meg5711_fml 0

don't worry...you're not the only one. my mom is the same way...

try alf or how about just watch like the first three episodes of random series until you find some that you like

Perhaps she was being sarcastic. Sounds like something I would say, and I definitely wouldn't be serious. Also, she might have just been giving a random reason (which she doesn't actually believe) because she thought OP wouldn't accept "they're inappropriate." Alternatively, she just thinks they're evil. But there's always a chance.

Gothichiky 0

well sheit then I must be on the devils list since I was 8

jester613 2

wow people in japan are dieing but your right fyl because your mom won't let you watch cartoons