Some things haven't changed

By Jonathan - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Denmark

Today, my mom banned me from watching The Simpsons and Family Guy because apparently, they're part of "the Devil's plan to corrupt God's children." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 502
You deserved it 10 166

Top comments

seraphxchild 3

Just show her the Jesus episode of Family guy, she'll give in.

That's like saying you can't drink anything but holy-water FYL

Comments

I know with "Family Guy" there are a lot of jabs at religion and they mock many popular religious beliefs. I'm not keeping score, but the writers seem to mock the christian religion more than any other religion. I am a christian, but I love "Family Guy". Some of the jokes towards christians will irritate me, but only when they hit close to my own personal beliefs. Even then I just say "whatever". I can't allow a cartoon to upset me about religion. Now, when they joke about domestic violence and rape, they cross the line.

Decodedman 1

Queue up South Park "Woodland Critter Christmas" and tell her you watch it because only because you can't watch your favorite shows. Works best if you can borrow a bunch of tamed squirrels/chipmunks to sit with you when she finds you.

Lmao I believe in god and i dont believe that.

At least it's still on hulu to watch. there are ways around it, hell my mom used to block out pro wrestling whenever I would get in trouble at school. Up until I figured out that the parental controls could be bypassed with a VCR

If you got in trouble at school and then your mom blocked pro wrestling, does that mean you were getting in trouble for mimicking what you saw on television? Or was it just that it was one of your favorite things to watch and you were being punished by not being allowed to watch it?

Ahh every1luvsboners , it is good to know I can always count on you to paint a very vivid and amusing picture in my head.

mrs_mac07 0

this is probably because you're like 13.

I agree with trucker! can't stand family guy. don't care for the simpsons either. they are seriously overrated